SOLDTwo Old Macs Free/Cheap: G4 Quicksilver and G5 for parts

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

JES
tinnitus

SOLDTwo Old Macs Free/Cheap: G4 Quicksilver and G5 for parts

Post by JES » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:22 pm

THEY'RE GONE.

Hi,

Two old Macs for free or cheap. I will sell these to the best offer, or give them away to someone who is local and a regular TapeOp participant or otherwise convinces me that this is a good idea. Pictures available on request.

-----------

2002 Quicksilver. If you have a need to run OS9, this is one the best computers that ever did.

Dual 1ghz Apple Macintosh (Quicksilver)
80gb HD (room for a second IDE HD)
1GB SDRAM (room to add another 512 megs)
Superdrive (Pioneer DVR-104)
ZIP drive installed (minus faceplate)
OSX 10.4.11 Installed
USB bluetooth adapter
Original Airport 802.11b Card
Power cord
DVI to ADC adapter (if you are using a VGA monitor, you can plug straight in)
Admin password set to "admin"
The G4 Logic board may need a replacement battery (it is not remembering the date). Instructions are here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TA25572?viewlocale=en_US and the batteries should be readily available.

NOT INCLUDED: keyboard and mouse (worn out long ago), monitor, printer or any other peripherals.

Install discs included for OSX 9.2.2, 10.1.3, MS Office for Mac versions 98 and X, Airport utilities, Microsoft Virtual PC 6.1, all 5 original software restore CDs and the original Apple Hardware Test CD that came with the computer.

I am the original owner. The computer was bought new in 2002, used every day until it was decommissioned in 2007, and then boxed and stored. It booted up and ran fine as of 7 August 2009. As with all Quicksilvers, the fan is a little loud, otherwise the system should work fine; it has never had any repairs. I have only replaced the battery, added RAM and the zip drive, and additional hard drives; I bought the Applecare in 2002 and never needed it. However, given the age of the computer, I cannot offer a warrantee beyond that it will power up to OSX 10.4.11 when you plug it in and attach it to your monitor, keyboard and mouse.

2. DUAL 2.5 G5 TOWER FOR PARTS. Either the processor or logic board is dead but the techs couldn't tell me which one. Computer turns on but you're lucky to get a white screen. The case is in great cosmetic condition (though one of the PCI slots is missing its cover) and the video card, fans, etc are fine according to the technicians at iTechnique. This computer is offered AS IS and includes no hard drives, software, mouse, keyboard, monitor or any other peripherals. I do have the original box. Make me an offer or tell me why I should give it to you.

-----

Giveaways are only valid for local pickup. If I'm going to the hassle of shipping, I want at least a nominal fee for my time and effort.

I prefer local pickup but will ship from Montreal entirely at your cost. If you are interested in international shipping, all duties, taxes and shipping fees are your responsibility. These things are big and heavy. I accept cash and paypal only.
Last edited by JES on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:15 am

Bump.

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:17 pm

Bump.

dd123
audio school

Post by dd123 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Pm'd