FT: Sony APR-5003v 1/4" Reel to Reel

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

thecongostudio
steve albini likes it

FT: Sony APR-5003v 1/4" Reel to Reel

Post by thecongostudio » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:33 am

So hey folks been a while to the tape op boards.
More and more recently, I've been thinking of letting my Sony APR-5003v mastering reel to reel go. I find that it's getting used less and less and I would much rather it go to a happy home where it gets used more often rather than just taking up space. Now I don't know what to put it up for, since the market price of these things sway so drastically especially for machines that are 100% ready for studio/mastering work. I am very interested in microphone preamp trades and whatever people think is a fair equipment offer. I will say though that this machine is in super minto condition albeit from a few paint flecks here and there.

I purchased it about 7-8 years ago from a post-production house in Minnesota. When I received the machine, I was blown away that it had less than 100 hours on the original heads. It was gone through with a fine tooth comb then by Pro Audio Design, and it just had the power supply recapped/retouched back in december. Now it has less than 500 hours and the heads have been cleaned/demagged on the regular.

Includes the original rolling stand, hard bound manual, XLR snake, and I'll throw in a take up reel and a reel of GP9.

I'm located in Central MA, and would have no problem driving within 150-200 miles to make a trade. Make me the offer of offers and we can discuss shipping. PM me with any questions. I'll take some pictures for interested parties.

Thanks!