Shure KSM 27 pair - SOLD

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

inasilentway
gettin' sounds

Shure KSM 27 pair - SOLD

Post by inasilentway » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:17 am

Selling a pair of Shure KSM27 large-diaphragm condensers. Includes 2x shock mounts and mic pouches.

They have a deep extended low end (all the way to 20 hz) and smooth presence which makes them pair well with a 57 on guitar cab or with a DI for bass cab. I've primarily been using them as drum overheads, where they pick up a nice amount of toms, making them useful for four-mic drum setups. Haven't used it on kick out or toms close-mic, but since it's got a bump from 50-70 hz I bet it would be nice and beefy. I've cut a lot of vocals on it too but pop filter is mandatory to keep out plosives.

In my opinion they are a sleeper bang-for-the-buck mic at the price they sell for used, and mine have been real workhorses. They've been on tour with a couple of well-known bands and always travelled securely.

edit: see below re: elastics and reason for price drop.

SOLD for $250
Last edited by inasilentway on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
"some kinds of love, the possibilities are endless"

inasilentway
gettin' sounds

Post by inasilentway » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:39 pm

The elastics on these suck, and I just snapped another one. So I replaced the elastics on them with the ultra-sturdy ones from Shure's KSM32 shock mount. These provide better shock mounting, but are not a perfect fit, so I have had to use some black gaff to discreetly hold in place. Here's what I mean:

This is actually a far superior solution to the original stiff elastics which constantly broke and ended up being replaced by rubber bands.
"some kinds of love, the possibilities are endless"