SOLD**Radius Power Mac Clone w/G3 & Digi Audiomedia II

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

getreel
carpal tunnel

SOLD**Radius Power Mac Clone w/G3 & Digi Audiomedia II

Post by getreel » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:13 pm

I have a Radius 8100/110 Power Macintosh clone with a G3 upgrade card, Digidesign Audiomedia II card, Opcode Translator Pro MIDI breakout box/cable(has 3 out, 1 in), RastorOps Paintboard Prism video card, and a FWB Ultra-SCSI card(for the audio hard drive), 2 internal SCSI hard drives(1x 2GB OS/software drive and 1x 4 GB hard drive for audio), 1 internal SCSI CD-ROM, and an external SCSI Lacy CD-R. I have the original Radius brand CD of Mac OS 7.5.3, the RastorOps Paintboard Prism video drivers, Macromedia Deck II, Digidesign Sound Designer II, Adaptec Toast for CD-R, FWB software for SCSI card, and I think there is some MIDI software in there somewhere. I don't remember exact RAM but I know all 8 72-pin SiMM slots are full. If anyone is interested, I can test the system. I loaned it out to some friends to use for recording about a year ago. I have never used the system since it returned from them but they said it worked great so it should now. I thought I'd offer it up to fellow TapeOppers first and sell pieces off if no one wants the whole system. This would make a great SUPER-CHEAP but high quality studio for someone. I used this to mix my bands last album to from analog and it's great as a mixdown unit and I really liked Sound Designer II for mastering. The Audiomedia II card has some DSP built in that SD II uses so that may be good? I particularly like the compression it was able to do.

I am not trying to make much here, just enough to make it worth my time. I would also consider selling off the different software etc if I have no good offers on all of it.

PM or email me your offers
info@getreelstudios.com
Last edited by getreel on Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

getreel
carpal tunnel

Post by getreel » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:07 am

I have had a couple of questions about this. I do have plenty of pictures I can email to interested parties. I am also seeking at least $100 for the package so it's worth my time to pack and ship. Buyer would obviously pay to ship it. I can include a 15" Apple Multi-scan display but ONLY if you can pick up the system in east Texas. Otherwise, no monitor as I do not want to ship one. UPS would probably break it anyway. I doubt they could break the Radius tower though. It's huge, heavy, and tough. Very large PSU too. A very "pro" level machine. Much better built than even the real Macs were at the time it came out.

JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:57 am

that is fucking awesome... i kinda want to get an audiomedia III card for my PowerComputing clone sitting in my closet... just so i can do PT transfers in the lounge. and play Marathon or something weak like that.

john
i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/

moogplayer
steve albini likes it

Post by moogplayer » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:35 pm

sent you a PM

getreel
carpal tunnel

Sold!

Post by getreel » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:37 pm

Sold!!

it's been sold now.