Who wants a beat up 28 year old Allen & Heath CMC32 Boar

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

touched1
pushin' record

Who wants a beat up 28 year old Allen & Heath CMC32 Boar

Post by touched1 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:27 am

I have an Allen & Heath CMC32 that I've had for a few years that is no longer fully functional. It has an onboard computer system that is a PITA to understand, and has gotten very cranky in the last few years, and if you bump the wrong button it will lock it up and it has to be unplugged.

This is it:
http://www.allen-heath.com/veterans/cmc.htm

It also has a few channels that are gone.
I used this until about a month ago as a glorified 8-10 channel mixer. The outputs are a little cranky and must be exercised occasionally. There are probably other things wrong I am forgetting.

I recently had this checked by a local shop who said it would be in the $1000 range to have it overhauled. They did not open it to check it out, but that was their estimate from what they could check with it closed. I paid $120 for that estimate.

Fully fuunctional this thing sounds good, and has far more character than a Mackie or Behringer, rivaling a modern Soundcraft. In it's current state, it would make a fantastic boat anchor. With some tech skills, patience, and TLC, it could be a great board again.

I don't know what I want for this, if anything. I have not made a firm decision on this, just thought I would float it out there and see what happens.
Would prefer to hand this over to someone local.

PM me if interested:

radiationroom
steve albini likes it

Post by radiationroom » Wed May 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Anyway to ship that thing to Redneckland Pennsylvania? I could give it a good overhaul and put it to use.

Thanks - Peter Carli

touched1
pushin' record

Post by touched1 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:08 pm

radiationroom wrote:Anyway to ship that thing to Redneckland Pennsylvania? I could give it a good overhaul and put it to use.

Thanks - Peter Carli
Peter,
I suppose anything is possible...
Let's see if I get some regional interest first.
PM me if you want to discuss things further.

touched1
pushin' record

Post by touched1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:12 am

I am moving next week. I do not want to move this.
If you are near Seattle and have any ideas, PM me.