DIY Special: Tube Pre's, Mixers and More. Items Relisted!

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Mystic Steamship Co.
steve albini likes it

DIY Special: Tube Pre's, Mixers and More. Items Relisted!

Post by Mystic Steamship Co. » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Ampex 350 with original Power Supply - Power supply needs 20/30/30 filter cap, haven't had a chance to try it out. Looks good, has UTC transformer and all tubes. Very early serial number (117), kind of cool.
$600 + shipping

Ampex 350 for parts - no transformers, has meter, dakaware knobs, and all tubes. Would be good to use as a chassis for a compressor build or for restoring another 350 or 351. Has all the caps, and internal parts. The meter, knobs, and tubes are worth the price alone. $150 + shipping

Custom 2x1 Tube Mixer/Pre - Bought this from an old radio guy who built this to use with his RCA ribbon mics in the 50's, high quality parts and transformers (not sure of the brand). Haven't had a chance to try it out, but looks good. I was told when I bought it from him that it works, but I haven't fired it up so it's sold as-is. Looks awesome, and has a carrying case. Use it as is, or use the parts and build your own circuit in the chassis. - $200 + Shipping

Magnecordette Tube Pre
- Triad transformer, RCA and GE tubes. Awesome magic eye meter tube. Pictures are from an ebay auction I found, because it's in my storage unit. My unit has all the tubes. I have the photofact manual with the schematics. Probably needs a re-cap. I haven't powered it up in a long time, but I remember it working when I did. I have the tape transport and case too that I'll include for free if you pay for extra shipping. $150 + Shipping

Western Electric 639a parts - Body, Ribbon Assembly and output transformer plus all hardware. The dynamic element is beyond repair, but included. Could make an awesome ribbon mic from this set for cheap, needs a new ribbon most likely. Body has one chip on the back and needs new silk. Very cool looking mic. Sold

Altec 195a mic with 29B capsule - Don't know if this works or not, capsule is missing the mesh; don't have the power supply. It's a fet mic. Worth a shot at $50 shipped

Tubes for 175b Limiter
All the tubes you'll need to build a UA 175 limiter

4 Philco 6bc8
1 GE 12bh7
1 GE 12ax7
2 Reliable 6aL5
2 ob2 regulator glow tubes
1 GE 5y3GT rectifier tube. Calls for a gz34 but the 5y3 should work fine.

$65 Shipped for all or $50 for all except 5y3GT

Mystic Steamship Co.
steve albini likes it

Post by Mystic Steamship Co. » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:51 am

Sale fell through, Items relisted.

pulse_divider
steve albini likes it

Post by pulse_divider » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:38 am

PM sent, I'll take that 2x1 mixer