FA: Event ASP 6 8 Studio Precision Monitor Replacement Amp

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

pedrohead
steve albini likes it

FA: Event ASP 6 8 Studio Precision Monitor Replacement Amp

Post by pedrohead » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:29 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0696489546

Up for auction the amplifier out of my Event ASP8 powered studio monitor. I bought the monitor new from Guitar Center, and it's never been played loudly, just used in my home studio.

The monitor sound was cutting out occasionally (but working most of the time). When I called Event for service, they told me just to buy a $250 replacement amp. Since I'm not too mechanically inclined, I went ahead and did so and this is what came out of the monitor. It may only need a little solder touch up and it's good as new, or maybe just a new resistor or cap. All the parts are there to put into your ASP8 if you can get it solidly working again. It's good for parts for these now discontinued amps if nothing else.

Obviously it's sold "as is" but you should be able to get it back in working order for a heck of a lot less than the $250 I had to pay to replace it.

Email me with any questions or offers, and check out my perfect user rating. Thanks.

pedrohead
steve albini likes it

Post by pedrohead » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:56 am

ends today!