Post by Curtis » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:59 am

I like the TheSixties...

I hear ya with the no computers...

Nice work.

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Re: two songs using tape loops & no computin machines

Post by Rigsby » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:00 pm

I'm on dial-up so this takes awhile, but just listening to fifty fifty, and really enjoying it. I used to do similar things with a 4-track and a digital delay i had that had one second sample time where you could overlay things, so i'd often have that hooked up to the radio and grab things as i heard them. Anyway, nice 'bread' sample. Very nice, good feeling to it.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:13 pm

I only got to hear the first 20% of the sixties before my connection went down and then i got a series of errors so i'll try again tomorrow, but the bit that i heard reminded me of some of the first jurassic five record, the bits with the 'oh, i had the turntable at the wrong speed', all that sort of stuff. Again, a good feel to it, i'll post more when i've finally got to hear it all the way through i'm sure, and i'll definately look out for further recordings you post here. Great stuff. Thanks.

rigsbysmith.com

Seej
takin' a dinner break

Post by Seej » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:34 pm

I like the sixities. the spanish thingy (when talking in english) on the left reminds me of the Firesign Theatre's "May I see your passport please" bit in Waiting For The Electrician.
"You can have a crappy drum set and still be a good drummer. And then you can have a $15,000 drum set with all these drums and the drummer's crap."-Mike Gibbins (1949-2005)

http://www.soundcloud.com/Seej1982

spideyjack
takin' a dinner break

Post by spideyjack » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:45 pm

thanks for your kind words you all.

its really fun to make this music, hiopefully ic can post some more.

spideyjack

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:17 pm

So i went back to your site to download the sixties and you've put another tune up too, and a home page ...nice one. I like the sixties, but IMO it lacks the form of the other two (fifty fifty and fink ployd), starts off and continues really well but kind of trails off at the end which lets it down slightly (where the jazz sample comes in). Apart from that, can't fault you my friend, enjoying your work, very much so. Thanks again.

rigsbysmith.com

spideyjack
takin' a dinner break

Post by spideyjack » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:31 pm

Rigsby wrote:So i went back to your site to download the sixties and you've put another tune up too, and a home page ...nice one. I like the sixties, but IMO it lacks the form of the other two (fifty fifty and fink ployd), starts off and continues really well but kind of trails off at the end which lets it down slightly (where the jazz sample comes in). Apart from that, can't fault you my friend, enjoying your work, very much so. Thanks again.

thanks for coming back to listen. my friend is graciously posting these for me on his website, and was kind enough to post another song and add the fake hipgnosisis stlye computer graphics. i agree about the end of the sixties, but when the loops start to die out i let them. i kind of relish the randomness of it.

thanks

spideyjack