Inverse Room's SONG OF THE WEEK--all through 2004!

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Inverse Room's SONG OF THE WEEK--all through 2004!

Post by inverseroom » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:32 am

I'm working on a collection of 100 songs of between 5 and 90 seconds in length, and all through 2004 I'm going to post one on my web site every Saturday morning. if you're interested, have a listen to the first one, "The Ape-Man of Bad Tidings," at www.inverseroom.com, or directly at this link:

http://members.authorsguild.net/jlennon ... heweek.mp3

Then come back for the next in the series! All 100 will be released on a CD in 2005.

Happy New Year!

psychicoctopus
buyin' a studio

Re: Inverse Room's SONG OF THE WEEK--all through 2004!

Post by psychicoctopus » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:33 pm

that was pleasant. I like your voice. I hope you keep your goal!

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:28 pm

psychicoctopus wrote:that was pleasant. I like your voice. I hope you keep your goal!
Thanks, that's very kind of you!

axial
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by axial » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:45 pm

nice song and good luck!!
don't worry we don't need to track, we'll fix it later!

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:21 pm

nice, I look forward to more pleasure...

<ugh

just installed quicktime, every time I click on that link now, I get a new browser window with a broken quicktime symbol. checked file type associations in quicktime + windows, all set to media player. tried installing winamp, still same things happens.>
"Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact." William S Burroughs

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:37 pm

deharmonic wrote:just installed quicktime, every time I click on that link now, I get a new browser window with a broken quicktime symbol. checked file type associations in quicktime + windows, all set to media player. tried installing winamp, still same things happens.>
Amazing--I JUST UNINSTALLED Quicktime, because it f&^%ed up everything I tried to listen to. It forcibly de-utilizes Real Player and Media Player and then crashes your computer--even if you try to set the associations for other programs, Quicktime won't let it happen. Screw it, get the new Realplayer, it's much more stable.

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:20 pm

inverseroom wrote:
deharmonic wrote:just installed quicktime, every time I click on that link now, I get a new browser window with a broken quicktime symbol. checked file type associations in quicktime + windows, all set to media player. tried installing winamp, still same things happens.>
Amazing--I JUST UNINSTALLED Quicktime, because it f&^%ed up everything I tried to listen to. It forcibly de-utilizes Real Player and Media Player and then crashes your computer--even if you try to set the associations for other programs, Quicktime won't let it happen. Screw it, get the new Realplayer, it's much more stable.
I only installed it for quicktime only files. i wish people would stick with non-proprietary formats...
"Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact." William S Burroughs

Explosivo!
audio school graduate

Post by Explosivo! » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:08 pm

No! Not Realplayer! That's worse.

Quicktime will take over file extensions if you let it. I think it will let you do a "Custom Install". Either that, or you have to deselect the non-Quicktime file types when installing. It's been a while since I installed it myself.