new DORA FLOOD cd done. mp3's (scarygroover's band)

scarygroover
pushin' record

new DORA FLOOD cd done. mp3's (scarygroover's band)

Post by scarygroover » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:06 pm

Hi,

It doesn't come out til August but the label put up some mp3's

1. throwing wishes
http://www.elephantstonerecords.com/mp3/df_throwing.mp3

2. where you belong
http://www.elephantstonerecords.com/mp3/df_belong.mp3

enjoy,

scarygroover

aka Michael

scarygroover
pushin' record

Re: new DORA FLOOD cd done. mp3's (scarygroover's band)

Post by scarygroover » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:01 pm

bump

nobody's interested? that's fine i guess. well it'll have to be. hehe!

loosegravel
gettin' sounds

Post by loosegravel » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:30 am

Very fun. Reminds me of old bowie with more dream pop. I love the guitar tones. Quite spacey and the vocoders were a nice touch. Let me know if you ever come out to cleveland, cause I know the elephant stone guys are out here.
"Oh MANNN, MY MOTU"

gabewheel2000
pushin' record

Post by gabewheel2000 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:06 pm

i love it. i wanna buy a cd yo!

scarygroover
pushin' record

Post by scarygroover » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:57 am

hey thanks a lot. We just may come out to cleveland as that is where our label is (elephantstone). We have taked about playing the east coast, but time will tell.

Thanks for the kind words.

Cheers, Michael

scarygroover
pushin' record

Post by scarygroover » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:59 am

gabe, you can order the cd from www.elephantstonerecords.com . it comes out august 24th but the label will sell pre-orders early. I think the copies will be in sometime this week. Thanks again.

anyobody care to guess how it was recorded? on what gear?

-MP

DJDM
gettin' sounds

Post by DJDM » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:36 am

Nice work Scary. The songs really kick ass. They do have a nice lanky 60s-70s feel about them but not in an irritating redundant way. They sound very hip without being overly pretentious.
Have you tried to get them on KEXP in Seattle? I think they would dig them. :)

scarygroover
pushin' record

Post by scarygroover » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:45 am

Thanks DJDM.

Basically the label is sending out the promo's to radio when the copies come in (next week or this week I hope). I'll bring it to their attention though, thanks for the heads up on that one.

-MP

scarygroover
pushin' record

Post by scarygroover » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:22 am

if anyone is interested in purchasing the whole cd...

The new Dora Flood CD "Highlands" is available for purchase on the Elephant Stone Records website. It won't be in stores until August 24.

http://www.elephantstonerecords.com

Here's some more info:

San Francisco?s Dora Flood has made some of the most engaging psychedelic music of the past decade. Fronted by Michael Padilla, Highlands is the group?s fifth and best record, a rich tapestry of sounds combining the lush orchestrated arrangements of late ?60s luminaries like The Zombies and The Beach Boys with the emotional impact and vocal delivery of The Church and Echo and The Bunnymen.

While commercially under the radar, Dora Flood has captured the attention of those in the know.

Acclaimed webzine Fufkin.com nails down the Dora Flood aesthetic quite poetically: ?the songs are intimate, but the music expands to the edges of the universe. It?s the aural equivalent of standing alone at the edge of the Grand Canyon on a clear, starry night, feeling tiny yet comforted by the enormity of it all.?

In a rave review of their astounding 2002 effort Welcome, Jack Rabid of The Big Takeover notes that Dora Flood ?expertly mix together a melange of power-?60s psych-pop influences, bold and vibrant production, and some damn good songs. The best songs such as ?Down Again? creates a pleasing atmosphere that compares favorably with the underappreciated, late Mock Turtles (most of all!), the later-?60s Byrds (dig that fuzz guitar on the excellent ?Las Vegas?), Boo Radleys, Dandy Warhols, Beatles, Velvet Crush, and Stone Roses, with some tunes to kill for.?

Esteemed British publication Ptolemaic Terrascope adds that Dora Flood ?skillfully aligns just about every important standing stone in the great Stonehenge of classic psychedelia such that their (now) commonplaces of style have been somehow reborn in the hands of this skilled fivesome. From ?60s psych-pop, to Byrdsian jangle to the essential Floyd right through to ?90s UK dream-noise it has the right access codes hard-wired into the repertoire.?