check it out?

fuu drakka
alignin' 24-trk

check it out?

Post by fuu drakka » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:43 pm

I thought I would post something I worked on a bit ago for a friend and see what you guys think. I tried to leave it kind of open and dynamic, so I didn't compress the vocals or drums. I did ride the fader on the vocals though.
any comments would be appreciated. thanks
bed bugs[/url]

andrew embassy
george martin

Re: check it out?

Post by andrew embassy » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:02 am

I'm getting a very Queensryche vibe from this peice, and I mean that in a good way (if that's possible). It sounds good; maybe just a few more hours on the mix. Not sure if I always like the guy's voice (big part of the queensryche thing), but yeah, for the most part it sounds good. Right now the tracks feel the least bit disjointed, maybe a bit of overall compression to bring them together a bit? Overall it sounds really good. Great guitar near the end and drums (although I think they could use a tasteful amount of compression) sound good.
HEY! Who forgot they bag?

edwhite
studio intern

Post by edwhite » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:18 am

coulpe more hours!? - my my mixes take max 2 hours normally - how long do most people mix for? - i find if its not right after an hour or two then theres something wrong.

ed

andrew embassy
george martin

Post by andrew embassy » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:54 am

huh interesting; I guess I was estimating large there, maybe just an hour; There seemed like a lot of little things that I would have changed.
HEY! Who forgot they bag?

Curtis
pluggin' in mics

Post by Curtis » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:01 pm

Yeah kind of reminds me of a David Sylvian (vocal tone) meets Queensryche (melody). I like the brighter acoustic guitar. Was is doubled?

Oh and as far as time to mix - I've taken an hour and I've taken three days, it all depends.

Good job.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:14 pm

sounds great... i really like the drum sound.

fuu drakka
alignin' 24-trk

Post by fuu drakka » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:38 pm

thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. I'm sure my friend would be devistated by the queensryche comments though, so I'll have to keep that to myself.
as far as the acoustic goes, it was indeed doubled. the one in the left channell got a little reverb.