Race Cars.......

ToyStein
audio school graduate

Race Cars.......

Post by ToyStein » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:40 pm

Here's a new pop tune I just finished yesterday.

All comments welcome.

I hope it inspires all of you to quit your jobs and start a hippy plantation somewhere in alabama, with all your good looking cousins.

Not that any of you have jobs.... :wink:

:lol:

Man I crack myself up!!!

dynomike
carpal tunnel

Re: Race Cars.......

Post by dynomike » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:33 am

did you actually post a link to the song?
Making Efforts and Forging Ahead Courageously! Keeping Honest and Making Innovations Perpetually!

ToyStein
audio school graduate

Post by ToyStein » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:16 pm

dynomike wrote:did you actually post a link to the song?
The link is in my signature.

I checked out your site and all I can say is wow! Excellent tunes, great recordings, great voice also a cool looking site.

I love the stops and tremlo guitar in not blinking, way cool. The vox need to come up a bit, I can't barely hear them. Forgivable cause anything could really carry the song. Great job!

I got a new bookmark.

Thanks.

dynomike
carpal tunnel

Post by dynomike » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:49 pm

ok, thanks... the link in your signature wasn't working for me before.. it is now. I'll give it a listen as soon as I finish cooking these sausages. Glad you like my site!

Mike
Making Efforts and Forging Ahead Courageously! Keeping Honest and Making Innovations Perpetually!

dynomike
carpal tunnel

Post by dynomike » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:24 am

Those sausages took longer than I thought. I listened to your song there, even though I had to disclose my precious personal information to soundclick .. :?

Sounds good overall! The layer drums with those quick triplets on the hihats work well for you. You've got a good voice too. I like the ultra bright guitar chords... I see you're not afraid of a cheesy synth line either. :)

In the part where you actually talk about race cars I'd like to hear heavier drums rather than the hi-pass drums there.. a little more "solid" I guess. But the mp3 encoding probably doesn't help there either.

Did you do all the programming etc "in the box"? Whats your vocal mic? I'm curious.

Mike

ToyStein
audio school graduate

Post by ToyStein » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:07 pm

dynomike wrote:Those sausages took longer than I thought. I listened to your song there, even though I had to disclose my precious personal information to soundclick .. :?

Sounds good overall! The layer drums with those quick triplets on the hihats work well for you. You've got a good voice too. I like the ultra bright guitar chords... I see you're not afraid of a cheesy synth line either. :)

In the part where you actually talk about race cars I'd like to hear heavier drums rather than the hi-pass drums there.. a little more "solid" I guess. But the mp3 encoding probably doesn't help there either.

Did you do all the programming etc "in the box"? Whats your vocal mic? I'm curious.

Mike
Damn sausages!!! Not good for your colon. lol

sorry about the soundclick crap, I thought they didn't require registration. Just more reason to create my own site.

Thanks for the listen and comments. You're right I adore cheesy synth's. The drums during the race car bit were bad. I tried to beef them up but, what i was looking for just wasn't there. It was too late to re-do them so I just left em, I was waiting for someone to say something for sure.

Everything I do is "in the box" -- One thing that helps is the UAD-1 card. I'm sure you've heard of it. Great Card!!! I use Sonar for tracking and ACID for programming.

I like to mix up different microphones. I used a Studio Projects C1 plugged into an old JoeMeek VC6 on this one. I Also like to use dynamics most notably an sm57 plugged into my FMR Audio RNP (preamp). I try to get the best cheap stuff I can find.

Thanks for the listen.