Re: Thank God for Using that tsunami to kill all those homos

Post by bad_dude_69 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:47 pm

unreal.
medicate? oh, i thought you said "meditate."

Kilroy
buyin' gear

Post by Kilroy » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:51 pm

man, those are the types of christians that make other christians look bad. They have horrible, misguided views.

-chris

phait
takin' a dinner break

Post by phait » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:57 pm

Don't tell me, this is some wacked Christians (aside from the non-asshole ones) who think the tsunami was God's punishment?

Fuck them.

I know many Christians who probably wouldn't even think of a such a thing.

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:58 pm

If I killed one of the people in that church, would you all support me?

sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

Post by sonikbliss » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:17 pm

:shake: sad.

ctmsound
george martin

Post by ctmsound » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:22 pm

I was listening to AM radio the other day and a guy called in with the same view as that Kansas article. Needless to say, the host of the show ripped him a new one and the caller just sat on the phone, studdering and lacking any justification whatsoever.

wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by wayne kerr » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:36 am

I just can't take those people seriously. I actually think they're kind of funny. They are like the poster-children for "how not to run a religion." I mean funny like a clown, not "ha ha" funny because what they did to Matthew Shepard's memory was not funny at all. I've been to Laramie. It's a nice town. Still can't believe what happened there.

SMH
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

BigCats
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by BigCats » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:45 am

This guy picketed a church I attended while I lived downtown in Chicago. There was a similar outpouring of hate from this person because our church reached out to the large gay community that lived in the area. We did, you know, horrible things like offer counselling to AIDS sufferers.

What really gets me is the way the media gives these people such a huge platform. See, the thing is - this guy's protests consist of a about 4 or 5 pathetic losers (all of whom are members of the family of the church's "founder") who stand outside the church (or wherever) screaming their filth. The real aim of his activities is to publish a bunch of appallingly hateful press releases that the news bimibos and jimbos bite on. They show up with cameras (cause this stuff gets ratings) and, there you have it, an instant media presence. Oh, and people who have an axe to grind with the church pump him up with inflammatory posts on the internet.

As was pointed out in another "let's tar all the Christians with the same brush" thread, most of us have a deep personal faith that involves caring for and loving all of God's children. I just wish more of us would start standing up, testifying to what Jesus actually preached and repudiating these modern day Pharisees like this guy, Fallwell, Robertson, Bush and the rest. I'm so sick of them "speaking" for all of us.

Peace

Cats
"Clever quote by some famous person that I didn't come up with"

bad_dude_69
re-cappin' neve

Post by bad_dude_69 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:47 am

BigCats wrote:As was pointed out in another "let's tar all the Christians with the same brush" thread, most of us have a deep personal faith that involves caring for and loving all of God's children. I just wish more of us would start standing up, testifying to what Jesus actually preached and repudiating these modern day Pharisees like this guy, Fallwell, Robertson, Bush and the rest. I'm so sick of them "speaking" for all of us.
word. that's awesome.

CaptainAdultDiapers
gettin' sounds

Post by CaptainAdultDiapers » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:24 am

ihavecomputer wrote:
BigCats wrote:As was pointed out in another "let's tar all the Christians with the same brush" thread, most of us have a deep personal faith that involves caring for and loving all of God's children. I just wish more of us would start standing up, testifying to what Jesus actually preached and repudiating these modern day Pharisees like this guy, Fallwell, Robertson, Bush and the rest. I'm so sick of them "speaking" for all of us.
word. that's awesome.
Yeah, I agree.

If anything I wouldn't consider this a curse. Think about how disasters bring all that is wonderful about humanity together. I know that there are millions suffering but there are many more millions who want to help, to bring something good to our world.

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:34 am

the PDF on the church's site reminded me of the church of the subgenius.
call me 'in denial'

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:45 am

CaptainAdultDiapers wrote:
ihavecomputer wrote:
word. that's awesome.
Please do. You guys are the only people who have any credibility with the Red half.
If anything I wouldn't consider this a curse. Think about how disasters bring all that is wonderful about humanity together. I know that there are millions suffering but there are many more millions who want to help, to bring something good to our world.
Nice thought. However, we'll all be back to the Lacie Perersen trial in a month.

Make that a week.

bad_dude_69
re-cappin' neve

Post by bad_dude_69 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:52 pm

what we need is nipplegate 2.0

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:51 pm

TapeOpHillary wrote:the PDF on the church's site reminded me of the church of the subgenius.
call me 'in denial'
Bob Dobbs caused the Tsunami!!!