Brachial plexus

penelec
steve albini likes it

Brachial plexus

Post by penelec » Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:18 pm

I got into a fender bender, though no car damage noticeable. That same night I had to play out, and felt no noticeable pain, though I had an SG hanging on my left shoulder. But two days later my left hand goes numb, and 10 days later I still have no feeling in my left hand's index or middle fingers. periodic tingles up and down the arm to boot.

Has anyone had this happen? (Mike Watt? Jack White?) It's seriously debilitating: no more guitar (maybe lap steel), no drums, about the only thing I thought I could do was go back to mixing some unfinished stuff, and suddenly I realized how many ambidextrous things one does when mixing. Even typing this is like an hour project, requiring ice packs and tongue depressors. Headphones make me hold my head differently, and suddenly I'm hearing pops and rain-stickish dry-socket sounds eminating from my medulla.

My chiro confirmed my research -- pinched nerve in the scalenes -- and has cracked a little here and there, prescribed ice and hot showers, but seriously, how long might this last?

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Re: Brachial plexus

Post by I'm Painting Again » Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:42 pm

sorry to hear that
, im in the same boat,
out for 2 months for me.

i feel for you..

ask a doc