FOX News Inaugural Clip

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Re: FOX News Inaugural Clip

Post by Mr PC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:23 pm

The anti-bushies are making the inaugural a statement, not President Bush. His inauguration was in line with others and was no big deal. You might have a point if they spent wildly on it. 40 million bucks is not a lot of money in the whole scheme of things, and most of it was from private donors.

I agree that there are more important things than staying in power. I support the war in Iraq, and I don't have blood on my hands either.

PC

thunderboy
buyin' a studio

Post by thunderboy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:08 pm

Mr PC wrote:I support the war in Iraq
Well, now I know you are a total moron. Thanks for clearing that up!

jt
"most toreadors worth a damn are circumcized."
- Discs of Tron

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:55 pm

PC, why do you even come here and debate this? You are a FREEPER, and as such, you belong right here. http://www.freerepublic.com

Go there and be with your brethern. they would love you over there.

BTW, I think you and Fieryjack and Massive Mastering should have a jam session. The 3 hard-right musicians here. Course you'd have to just play country-western music, cause any other songs you played were most likely written by someone who thinks Bush is a Chimp!

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:09 pm

Well, Trumpy, that first sentence is the closest you've come in a while to making sense.

All in life does not revolve around politics and whose man is in the White House. I have many musical compatriots in my circles of friends, and most of them lean to the left. That's ok, though, because we get together to play music, not to argue politics.

I like the song "Imagine" by John Lennon because it is a beautiful song with an idealistic feeling. Because I like John Lennon and the song is good, I enjoy the song without digging into the lyrics too much because I think they are dogshit. They sound nice and idealistic from a distance, so that is where I keep them in my head as I hum along.

Can't we all just get along???

If the righties got together, we could play country music, we could play country music, or Mahler, or Lionel Hampton pieces (old dear friend to the Bush family, Bush 41 spoke at his funeral). Or we could play country music.

PC

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:12 pm

Mr PC wrote:Well, Trumpy, that first sentence is the closest you've come in a while to making sense.
I always make sense. You just have to be sensible to get it. :?

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:16 pm

Not all country western musicians are on the right. I've known a load of musicians in Seattle who play alt-country/rockabilly...not one of them is on the right. I sure know the Dixie Chicks aren't. And, I'm not huge a country fan, but I really love Willie Nelson's music - I don't believe he's on the right either. Blah, I digress. Sorry, this has nothing to do with what you guys are rapping.

Love,
Me

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:19 pm

iwokojance wrote:Not all country western musicians are on the right. I've known a load of musicians in Seattle who play alt-country/rockabilly...not one of them is on the right.
Seattle? Well, of course. Ask that same question in Tennessee.

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:28 pm

iwok-

You are right of course. It's more fun to use sweeping generalizations sometimes. Heck, if you go to Austin, TX I'm sure that country music crowd has tons of lefties. Takes all kinds-

PC

foley
pushin' record

Post by foley » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:29 pm

Mr PC wrote:I support the war in Iraq, and I don't have blood on my hands either.

PC
Maybe we should talk again when the American body count goes over the number of victims from 9/11? Lord knows the Iraqi count is well over at this point.

Don't even get me started on stuff like this:

I respect your opinion regarding Iraq but, I gotta tell you, you're just wrong on that one. There are a lot of good reasons to use war as an end to a means, but this conflict is not one of them. As Mel Gibson proclaimed last week: "no one has been able to give me a reason why this [the Iraq war] is a good idea."

Do YOU have a reason?

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:42 pm

TrumpsHair wrote:
iwokojance wrote:Not all country western musicians are on the right. I've known a load of musicians in Seattle who play alt-country/rockabilly...not one of them is on the right.
Seattle? Well, of course. Ask that same question in Tennessee.
Your point is respectfully taken. Yes, I know that demographically speaking, there are more on the left in urban areas, regardless of what type of music they perform. I've never been to Tennessee. Has anyone in this forum been to say, Memphis? I'd be curious to see where the majority of inhabitants of that city lie on the political spectrum.

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:45 pm

I will not get into my 88th back-and-forth about the war in Iraq. I think it is in the long term strategic interest of the USA to be rid of Saddam and his WMD threat and to support the emergence of representative governments in the region. The only hope for long term security is for the middle east to be more modern and democratic. There are staunch liberals who realize this like Thomas Friedman of the NY Times. He has plenty of beefs with Bush, but is honest enough to see the long term necessity of encouraging democracy over there.

Despite the tragic occurrences that are the result of this policy, Iraq will be a far better place down the road. You can't consider what went on before the war to be peaceful or without bloodshed and tragedy.

Despite the embarrassment of not finding stockpiles of wmd's, Iraq under Saddam still posed a threat in that regard given his intentions and ongoing efforts to have wmd programs. It would be worse when the sanctions fell through, which they would have.

That is my quick and incomplete explanation. I don't pretend that there is simply no argument on your side. It is a big world full of all kinds of people. You should be willing to realize that there are indeed valid arguments on my side, even if you think they are flat wrong.

PC

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:08 pm

Mr PC wrote:I think it is in the long term strategic interest of the USA to be rid of Saddam and his WMD threat ...
Who are you, really? Dick Cheney?

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:32 pm

I could only wish. To be in possession of that raw sexual energy. I couldn't keep the chicks off me.

I can't think right now, Desperate Housewives is being rerun and I haven't seen this one-

PC

JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:38 pm

good thing we found those WMD's... oh... wait. there never were any. good thing we found the oil! woohoo!

john
i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/

CaptainAdultDiapers
gettin' sounds

Post by CaptainAdultDiapers » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:10 pm

Wait WAit WAIT!!!!!

I thought Bush was a Uniter not a Divider