Matrix: Revolutions

signorMars
re-cappin' neve

Re: Matrix: Revolutions

Post by signorMars » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:13 am

it's not a matter of patience. i'll sit through a three hour movie that's all emotions and dialogue and praise its virtue if its well written. revolutions however... when you have to resort to a maudlin score, strings swelling to tell people when to feel... that's pretty bad. none of the characters made me care about them, and all of their emotions seemed forced and overdone. and come on... everytime keanu tries to do an emotional scene, a little piece of me dies.
---
ross ingram
[brainville]

helstab
george martin

Post by helstab » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:24 am

But He's the ONE! I think he had a lot on his mind.
-Matthew Macchio$tab

Piotr
tinnitus

Post by Piotr » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:30 am

When I started this string I did not do enough to point out that we should talk about the technical aspects of the movie.

I am always amazed at the amount of detail that goes into creating the sound design for the Matrix franchise. I would love to work with an audio team such as this. The sound system at my local theater wasn't so bad either...
Yours,

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas

Rec Head
studio intern

Post by Rec Head » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:24 pm

The action in revolutions was awesome and the rest of the movie wasn't bad either. I was lucky enough to be slightly distracted and way pissed at these kids that a couple of assholes thought they should take to the movie. So I barely noticed the CG characters. Having grown up on comics I loved the fight between neo and agent smith.

As far as the sound goes my theater plays a shut up during the movie piece before the feature. It starts with a blank screen and a cell phone going off in the right rear of the theater. I have seen it a couple times and still get pissed when I hear that phone. They trick me every time, it's great.

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:57 pm

Keanu hasn't let me down so hard since Bill and Teds Bogus Journey.