a cry out for a history lesson

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Re: a cry out for a history lesson

Post by soundguy » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:02 pm

the tortilla grille in venice is enough reason for me to get on a plane every few months. $300 burrito, shit...

dave
http://www.glideonfade.com
one hundred percent discrete transistor recording with style and care.

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Post by trashy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:08 am

hellgren wrote:I have to agree, Chico is the land of the mighty burrito!
That's what I'm saying! This brotha knows what's up!
chocolatechickenpotpie wrote:Fuck that TexMex bullshit! A real burrito is made with LARD and INSECT PARTS, just like the ones at any REAL taqueria in the San Fernanado valley!
I really think that tex-mex doesn't mean the same thing in Texas as it does here. In Cali, "tex-mex" is food that middle aged people eat and feel like their going on an adventure. Sometimes the chips are different colors - red or green. You can tell its not "real" Mexican food because 1) the portions are itty-bitty and the price is high 2) the waitress is blonde, polite, and can speak English and 3) the bathroom is clean and instead of smelling like stale urine it smells like rasberry disenfectant.

Isn't it funny how the UKTapeOppers haen't showed up yet? We now know the secret to starting (or hi-jacking) threads that keep them out: mexican food.

Jay
pushin' record

Post by Jay » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:23 pm

My friends got married last week and right after, we went to a "Taco-ria" or "Taco-teria" or something. I got like a fried tube of beans and cheese plus free nachos.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:54 pm

ehhh.. yea, for actually real and good TexMex, you must come to texas. i've had friends from california that are like "wow, this stuff is so much better here!", because just like trashy pointed out... it's real, this is where it was invented.

and i hate when people say "you can't have real mexican food when you have texmex"... and so what? you can't have real texmex food when you have mexican! it goes both ways, see... texmex is a style of food unto itself! and soooo good.

mmmm. i'm thinking about legally changing my name to having at least both the words 'burrito' and 'taco' in it.

Taco Burrito Wing? Burrito T. Aco?

coniferouspine
re-cappin' neve

Post by coniferouspine » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:36 pm

Just wondering what would happen if I popped up in here and said that the Tex-mex I had in Austin was way better than the Tex-mex I had in Houston...just one man's visitor's opinion. Waiting to see what happens...

sunsetyellow
buyin' a studio

Post by sunsetyellow » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:39 am

trashy wrote:Isn't it funny how the UKTapeOppers haven't showed up yet? We now know the secret to starting (or hi-jacking) threads that keep them out: mexican food.
Well if you were talking about curry we'd join in...
The revolution will not be... not if you berks have anything to do with it.

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:47 am

sunsetyellow wrote:
trashy wrote:Isn't it funny how the UKTapeOppers haven't showed up yet? We now know the secret to starting (or hi-jacking) threads that keep them out: mexican food.
Well if you were talking about curry we'd join in...
Agreed!...fuk yir texmex! it's all synthetic poisonous shite, get a good old Ruby Murray down your neck ya wimpy cunts, now thats real food!....Mmm chicken Bhuna, come to daddy!!

Al

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:20 am

Incidentally I ate out on Saturday night. This Indian down the road, it was. It was ace too. But I'm never sure whether, ultimately, I'm into Chinese food more. I say Chinese, you know what I mean. Crispy sea-weed and prawn toast. Wow.
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:11 am

bobbydj wrote:Incidentally I ate out on Saturday night. This Indian down the road, it was. It was ace too. But I'm never sure whether, ultimately, I'm into Chinese food more. I say Chinese, you know what I mean. Crispy sea-weed and prawn toast. Wow.
Nice one, what did you have at the Indian Rob?...i like Chinese as well, quite lidrally mate :wink: ...all this food talk is making me Hank Marvin, i'm off for a munch.

Al