Xbox games - recommendations?

kcrusher
tinnitus

Xbox games - recommendations?

Post by kcrusher » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:05 pm

I got a gift certificate for GameStop and am looking for recommendations for Xbox games.

Ideally they'd be Live enabled.

Older games are cool, too.

If you give a recommendation, can you please make a few comments about why you like the game so much? I don't play much, so I like to get a few really good titles, rather than a bunch that are only so-so.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

bunny
gettin' sounds

Re: Xbox games - recommendations?

Post by bunny » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:06 pm

i liked halo 1 better than halo 2.

medal of honor is good.

mech assault 2 will probably be good.

maz
buyin' a studio

Post by maz » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:19 pm

Halo 1 and 2 are certainly THE XBox games to have.

All the ESPN sports games are pretty great if you like sports games- and all online.

They are also all $20 so that's pretty sweet too!

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:25 pm

yeah, halo 2 has been a bit disappointing. hoping online play is more fun...

got the medal of honor stuff - doesn't do much for me anymore, tho...

not really much of a mechassault fan.

thanks for the recommendations, tho!

what about racing games? which one gives you the most ability to customize and has online play?
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

Post by sonikbliss » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:47 pm

The new Star Wars:Knights Of The Old Republic II is pretty badass.

maz
buyin' a studio

Post by maz » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:28 pm

to you guys saying Halo 2 is kinda disappointing, how come?

I traded my PS2 for my XBOX right before Halo 2, I've never played Halo 1. Online is pretty cool for Halo 2, but I'm also digging the story mode.

I'm guessing I really need to pickup Halo 1, huh?

is it a gameplay issue (I know there are cool new things like dual weilding, etc now) or a story issue?

bunny
gettin' sounds

Post by bunny » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:56 pm

halo 2:
dual wielding weapons is good, warthog e-brake is good. i don't like the way banshees fly compared to halo. i think my main disappointment was it took forgodamnever for the game to come out, and it's too easy to get through unless on legendary mode. still, it's the best pair of games for xbox.

mech assault: yeah, mission-mode isn't very good. but playing co-op on the grinder game thing can be pretty fun.

star wars battlefront is fun for an hour or so, if you're playing with friends. you can't be an ewok, but why would want to be an ewok?

conflict vietnam: weak.

Nate Dort
tinnitus

Post by Nate Dort » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:05 pm

As far as racing games go, Project Gotham 2 is pretty sweet. Not much in the way of customizations, but it's a fun game.

I'll probably pick up KOTOR 2 here in the next week or so as KOTOR 1 is one of my favorite games for the xbox

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:42 pm

I'm not into sports games...

Already went thru KOTOR - great game, for sure.

Any others?
- Hunter S. Thompson

crookedsound
gettin' sounds

Post by crookedsound » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:56 pm

I don't have an xBox, but I know many of the games are available on more than one platform.
Anyhow, I got San Andreas at Best Buy the day it came out and they had all of the PS2 Greatest Hits games for $5. So I got SSX3 because I have the other two and even though the second one was annoying with the Tricky sample after a while...I figured I could give #3 a shot for $5.
Damn...I cannot stop playing it. The courses are sweet, the music is cool and you can edit your own playlist, the height of the jumps and the size of the drops makes it crazy fun stuff. Add in all of the challenges that range from "easy" to "how great would I be if..."
So, if your into the kind of mindless kinetic motion kind of stuff...this game is great.
Haven't gotten many hours into the GTA SA as a result.
So, if that's a game that is available for xBox...it may be cheaper due to it's age...and that makes it even better.

sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

Post by sonikbliss » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:41 pm

you can mod your xbox and put an NES & SNES simulator on it with all the classic Nintendo games like I did. I spend more time playing old Mario Bros. games than I do actual xbox games! :lol: It's kind of a process to do the mod but I can do all kinds of shit like copy and play games on my xbox harddrive (80Gig), install simulators of any old video game systems, network and manage xbox files with my pc, and all kinds of other crazy shit.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/