Why are we at war?

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

Why are we at war?

Post by andyg666 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:03 am

Don't take it from me, take it from US deputy defence secretary, Paul Wolfowitz...
wolfowitz wrote:"Let's look at it simply. The most important difference between North Korea and Iraq is that economically, we just had no choice in Iraq. The country swims on a sea of oil."

US deputy defence secretary, Paul Wolfowitz, in Singapore, 31 May-1 June, 2003

"...for reasons that have a lot to do with the US government bureaucracy, we settled on the one issue that everyone could agree on: weapons of mass destruction."

Paul Wolfowitz, Vanity Fair magazine, May 2003

CaptainAdultDiapers
gettin' sounds

Re: Why are we at war?

Post by CaptainAdultDiapers » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:37 pm

Jesus, I can't believe he said that.

Piotr
tinnitus

Post by Piotr » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:44 pm

I remember that. Only I have always wondered if we are at war to support the Saudi family's desire to have a comprehensive mid-east energy policy. Perhaps we are just the muscle for a foreign oil grab...

I don't want to be too cynical cause my cousin is in the Marine Corps Officer Candidate School and will likely be in Iraq in several months.
Yours,

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:40 pm

Wolfowitz is generally monsterous, but hard to pin down. He's also stated publicly that he supports the creation of a Palestinian state.

WTF? Nice consistency.

He's a key signator to pnac. pnac is just this "think tank" in washington that in the 90's decided that if they were ever to get power, they would work on the creation of the "new american century", at the core of which is the Iraq event.

Everything makes a lot more sense in the pnac context. It's not really a conspiracy. It's a plan based on a bleak ideology.

Anyway, here is the pnac doctrine to read, should anyone care.

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

Post by andyg666 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:27 pm

yes, the project for a new american century is truly scary. the same attitudes that begat nazism, slavery, the spanish inquisition, etc. etc...