Re: My girlfriend hates water

Post by Wilkesin » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:11 pm

Women retain water, dont need it!

Isolation
steve albini likes it

Post by Isolation » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:29 pm

trodden wrote:
wing wrote:Why? Because she is often driven by taste. She likes water with Kool Aid, she likes Juice, and sodas. But she hates water on the grounds that it simply tastes "boring."
"boring"
you spotted it too i see, i immediately thought of the last time our sweet little wing posted about her and her sense of 'boring'...

is she high maintenance wing?
if it'll wang your chung then it'll thompson my twins...

the velour fog
buyin' a studio

Post by the velour fog » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:55 pm

my girlfriend thinks that water tastes like pencils.
"Set Phasers to Extra Slow."

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:30 pm

thegunshyboy wrote:my girlfriend thinks that water tastes like pencils.
I too had a girlfriend who didn't drink water. Her frig always had milk and classic-coke in it, though. That's pretty much all I ever saw her drink. I tried to get her to drink more water, (sounds like Wing's dilemma) but I never could convince her. She just didn't like the taste of it. Needless to say, she's out of my life.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:59 pm

Wilkesin wrote:Women retain water, dont need it!
really? proof/figures?

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:00 pm

Isolation wrote:
trodden wrote:
wing wrote:Why? Because she is often driven by taste. She likes water with Kool Aid, she likes Juice, and sodas. But she hates water on the grounds that it simply tastes "boring."
"boring"
you spotted it too i see, i immediately thought of the last time our sweet little wing posted about her and her sense of 'boring'...

is she high maintenance wing?
no, she just thinks a lot of things are boring, i guess. she told me she thinks her dad is boring, and i happen to think her dad is a party. then again, i tend to enjoy simple things very much.

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:05 pm

wing wrote:
Wilkesin wrote:Women retain water, dont need it!
really? proof/figures?
Isn't Wilks hinting at periods? I mean, maybe he's referring to water retention via the joys of bloating that females experience during menstruation.

jmiller
steve albini likes it

Post by jmiller » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:05 pm

My advice is to leave a bunch of literature on kidney stones and Diabetes just casually lying around. That's what straightened me up.

I hated water. I used to drink 3 or 4 of those 44oz big gulps a day of soda. If i DIDN'T have soda, i would get a headache. Then, gradually i just started getting headaches all the time. I started feeling really shitty constantly. Whenever i would drink soda i needed to pop 3 advil within 20 minutes. I would do this a few times a day, every day. I started getting pains in my side which i could only assume was my pancreas begging for mercy. Then i started getting REALLY thirsty, especially in the morning- i started drinking a lot of water (in addition to my daily soda and sugar intake), and still had an inquenchible thirst, and had to pee constantly. It would generally subside in the afternoon but mornings were terrible, and add that to my poor sleep cycle and I was starting to wear down dramatically, all at a supple 26 years old.

My wife got worried and mentioned some of these sounded like symptoms of Diabetes. I looked it up and saw a lot of symptoms and warning signs that sounded like my daily routine. I was terrified- we have no insurance and i could hardly afford to be tested for diabetes, let alone live with all the medical expenses it would incur for the rest of my life. I cut my soda intake down gradually, to one can a day (which was brutal at first), to one can a week, to now almost none (the occasional half can, never more than once a week, and i'm getting over that). I'm drinking more water, getting a lot less headaches, the pain in my side is pretty much gone (but it comes back if i cheat and drink soda- i feel it within the first three sips).

I'm no model for good health. I eat some pretty shitty food still (though i've cut out McD's and most other fast food), smoke cigarettes (they're next), and still drink the occasional gatorade or something. When i get food at a burger stand or something, i get a lemonade instead of soda, which still has sugar but a lot less than soda and isn't stuffed with high fructose corn syrup. Even the diet shit is bad for you (we could do a whole other thread and aspartame). The health risks of drinking that bullshit, especially without a regular water intake, is not worth the avoiding of discipline that comes with quitting, just like cigarettes. It's better to quit than be 30 years old shooting yourself up with insulin every day and getting sores on your feet for the rest of your life, among many other more serious consequences.

That shit is a viscious cycle. You get chemicals, you drink sugar to quench your thirst, but get thirstier because it dehydrates you. Then you need more, and now you're like a crack addict for the bullshit chemicals they stuff those things with. It's better to get it now while you're young and your body's stronger than when you're older and have done all kinds of damage.

megajoe
gettin' sounds

Post by megajoe » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:24 pm

No big deal though. It's only one of the six nutrients required for living.

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:54 pm

Healthier living often comes with age. "Say it hurts when I do this. Maybe I shouldn't do this. Hmmm."

nick_a
buyin' gear

Post by nick_a » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:37 pm

djdrake13 wrote:I think girls just get tired easier. I dont' know why, but it seems like I've met waaay more girls that are tired than guys. Maybe we're the same but guys dont' talk about stuff like that as openly??
as a matter of fact, there's a condition called hypothyroidism that is mostly genetic and runs rampant through the female sides of families. It happens when your thyroid is not producing enough hormones or something, basically not working up to speed. Wing, do you find your girlfriends hands to be cold often? Is it hard for her to wake up in the morning? Does she feel kinda mediocre almost all the time? This is a condition that's really hard to diagnose and really really easy to fix, so if any of these symptoms apply, definitely ask her about it. My girlfriend has it and once she started on the medication it was as if she were a new person.

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:06 am

Some water really does. Americans never drink tap water anymore, is that right?
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

tommymakestapes
alignin' 24-trk

Post by tommymakestapes » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:21 am

maybe she knows how bad ingesting floride is for you. get her a reverse ozmosis water filter and im sure the problem will go away. uncleansed sucks man, and it's bad for you. she's just looking out for her health.

tommymakestapes
alignin' 24-trk

Post by tommymakestapes » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:23 am

Rigsby wrote:
Some water really does. Americans never drink tap water anymore, is that right?

they decieded to stop cleaning our water so we could save that money to buy bottled water. please refer to "louis black - terms of enragement"

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:25 am

You might want to point out to her that passing a kidney stone, is, according to more than one source, the most excruciating experience that a human being can experience.