NYC-Looking for a Studio Partner or Engineer

relaxo
alignin' 24-trk

NYC-Looking for a Studio Partner or Engineer

Post by relaxo » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:43 am

Mercy Sound is a great new recording studio with a large live room in the East Village of Manhattan. I record and mix people here and also write music. I'm looking to keep my studio active during the vast majority of hours that I am not working, primarily nights and weekends. I am open to having a studio partner who gets a straight percentage of the time every month or taking on another engineer/mixer who wants to work the studio with me, handling many more clients, splitting the income in some fashion. I am open to any possibility.

Here is the studio website to learn more:

http://www.mercysound.com/

Please call Scott at 212-353-0076 if interested

Dr. Sausage
gettin' sounds

Re: NYC-Looking for a Studio Partner or Engineer

Post by Dr. Sausage » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:33 pm

How about a 18 year old college student? I'll drop out if I get the big bucks.

I'll treat this as a free bump.... :wink:

Family Hoof
buyin' a studio

Post by Family Hoof » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:47 pm

If it weren't for the bringing in lots of new clients part I'd definately consider this offer. I don't know or know of anyone who'd be capable of such a feat in NYC right now.

hearnoevil
ass engineer

Post by hearnoevil » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:05 pm

I wish I had the 18 year old's balls! If he starts at that age & keeps going for studio jobs he's underqualified for, he's going to be a Grammy winning engineer by the time he's 25!
:wink:
My Boss Thinks I'm An Ass Kisser

Dr. Sausage
gettin' sounds

Post by Dr. Sausage » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:22 pm

hearnoevil wrote:I wish I had the 18 year old's balls! If he starts at that age & keeps going for studio jobs he's underqualified for, he's going to be a Grammy winning engineer by the time he's 25!
:wink:
I was joking... could your avatar be any more unnecessarily large?

hearnoevil
ass engineer

Post by hearnoevil » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:48 pm

Well, I WASN'T joking. In the past I've gone for jobs that I TOTALLY wasn't qualified for, actually got the position and it gave me a leg up as far as experience and pay. Now that I've gone to school and trained to do something, I tend to apply for jobs that are pretty much at my skill level. Maybe I should take my own advice- I might find a studio that's a hell of a lot cooler to work at than mine!
As far as the avatar, I typed in the wrong URL when I put it up this morning & didn't check it afterwards. It's a good thing 18 year old engineering students have so much time on their hands- I wouldn't have caught that until I was finished with all the actual *WORK* I have to do today. Good lookin' out, kid.
Last edited by hearnoevil on Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Sausage
gettin' sounds

Post by Dr. Sausage » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:16 pm

hearnoevil wrote: It's a good thing 18 year old engineering students have so much time on their hands- I wouldn't have caught that until I was finished with all the actual *WORK* I have to do today. Good lookin' out, kid.
You have quite the biting 'tude. Take it easy. Good for you doing real *WORK* , old man.

hearnoevil
ass engineer

Post by hearnoevil » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:54 pm

You have a bit of a tone as well, my dear. We'll see if that changes after the first time the guy you're interning for puts a boot up your ass for your little "'tude"

Oh, and I'm not an old man. I'm actually in my mid-20's. And female.

It's ok, darlin'. I thought I knew everything when I was 18, too.

Dr. Sausage
gettin' sounds

Post by Dr. Sausage » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:19 pm

hearnoevil wrote:You have a bit of a tone as well, my dear. We'll see if that changes after the first time the guy you're interning for puts a boot up your ass for your little "'tude"

Oh, and I'm not an old man. I'm actually in my mid-20's. And female.

It's ok, darlin'. I thought I knew everything when I was 18, too.
Your condesending usage of my age hurts me deep. You seem a bit too confident in your own skills to be talking about what will happen to me. I wish I had your vast knowledge on how the world works, because apparently i'm completely oblivious as to how the world works, since once again because of my age.

hearnoevil
ass engineer

Post by hearnoevil » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:49 pm

Aw. You poor little weenie. This has nothing to do with your age or my confidence or skills. I posted my original response because I was genuinely impressed by a young engineering student who had the nads to go for a great job offer regardless of his experience. I wish I had the nerve to do that now, let alone when I was still in school. I'm thinking that I must have read into that too much. Like I said- this has nothing to do with age. It has to do with attitude. I'm VERY aware that I have a long way to go and a lot of things to still learn. You, on the other hand, still have to learn a few things before you can even keep yourself from getting fired (or hired in the first place) from a non-paying job at a studio where you make coffee and scrub toilets on a good day- mainly that you don't know everything (nor do I, for that matter), and if you act like you DO know everything, someone with a million times more experience than both of us put together is going to make DAMN sure you know where you stand.

C'mon now, sweetie. Talking shit to random people on a message board? Not a great way to get people to think of you as anything but a teenage boy.

Dr. Sausage
gettin' sounds

Post by Dr. Sausage » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:14 pm

hearnoevil wrote:Aw. You poor little weenie. This has nothing to do with your age or my confidence or skills. I posted my original response because I was genuinely impressed by a young engineering student who had the nads to go for a great job offer regardless of his experience. I wish I had the nerve to do that now, let alone when I was still in school. I'm thinking that I must have read into that too much. Like I said- this has nothing to do with age. It has to do with attitude. I'm VERY aware that I have a long way to go and a lot of things to still learn. You, on the other hand, still have to learn a few things before you can even keep yourself from getting fired (or hired in the first place) from a non-paying job at a studio where you make coffee and scrub toilets on a good day- mainly that you don't know everything (nor do I, for that matter), and if you act like you DO know everything, someone with a million times more experience than both of us put together is going to make DAMN sure you know where you stand.

C'mon now, sweetie. Talking shit to random people on a message board? Not a great way to get people to think of you as anything but a teenage boy.
All I said in a joking manner that I would drop my college education at the chance of making a lot of money. I never said I had the experience or capability of becoming a partner of a studio. I think i'd be able to handle an non paying internship, but that's just me. Suprisingly I actually have a pretty good attitude, and will do my work as I am asked. I have a measly job at my schools management department and I am the computer bitch. This is completely unrelated, but i'm just saying...i'm not as incapable as I may appear to be on the internet. I sometimes contemplate leaving school given the opportunity to get a serious chance at getting my foot in the door towards a recording career, but with so many recording studios not in demand, I think it's smarter to gain more technical knowledge before I do such a thing. I definitely have a lot to learn, hell i've only been recording my stuff for fun for two years.

WOW...........Quite the offtopic posting. <3 to all

hearnoevil
ass engineer

Post by hearnoevil » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:18 am

(sigh)

If you actually read what I wrote, you'll notice that I never said ANYTHING about your abilities. My original post was not at all negative. I don't know you. For all I know you could be a recording prodigy. I'm sure you could handle an internship or even an entry level position at a studio- I heard some of the music you posted & it's not badly recorded at all- especially for someone who (I'm assuming) is self-taught. I never said you were incapable. It's just a little annoying to get an e-mail saying someone replied to a post I made a month ago, just to find out it's a mildly snotty reply to a posting that was originally a positive comment. If you get the chance to drop out of school for a high paying (or even OK paying) studio gig, do it! You're better off learning the business as a runner than in school anyway- it's a hell of a lot cheeper!

Seriously- no malice intended. More power to ya.

Dr. Sausage
gettin' sounds

Post by Dr. Sausage » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:46 am

hearnoevil wrote:(sigh)

If you actually read what I wrote, you'll notice that I never said ANYTHING about your abilities. My original post was not at all negative. I don't know you. For all I know you could be a recording prodigy. I'm sure you could handle an internship or even an entry level position at a studio- I heard some of the music you posted & it's not badly recorded at all- especially for someone who (I'm assuming) is self-taught. I never said you were incapable. It's just a little annoying to get an e-mail saying someone replied to a post I made a month ago, just to find out it's a mildly snotty reply to a posting that was originally a positive comment. If you get the chance to drop out of school for a high paying (or even OK paying) studio gig, do it! You're better off learning the business as a runner than in school anyway- it's a hell of a lot cheeper!

Seriously- no malice intended. More power to ya.
Oh, i'm seriously sorry. The way your original post sounded was mocking. It's tough on the internet sometimes....

hearnoevil
ass engineer

Post by hearnoevil » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:38 am

Well, shit. That's what emoticons are supposed to be for, but I guess my ;-) didn't convey my intent. Truly sorry for the misunderstanding- it didn't occur to me that it could be taken the wrong way!

Please accept this one-eyed green smiley as a peace offering. May he look upon you with good fortune.

:oneeye:

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:20 pm

now that we're all getting along...
:mrpink: hillary