Who here needs Mastering?

radiationroom
steve albini likes it

Who here needs Mastering?

Post by radiationroom » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:00 am

Who here has used a mastering service or plans on using a mastering service? Or better stated CD-Premastering.

I'm about to make the plunge - ie: spend some serious buxx on building a mix room (including vaulted ceilings and super-quiet HVAC) and plan on offering mastering services along with LP restoration and "forensic audio" and am wondering if any of you would like a complemetary mastering job on your project when I'm up and running in the spring. Formats accepted will be 1/4-inch and 1/2-inch analog, SD-2, AIFF, or .wav on data CD-R, and possibly DAT and cassette if I can find suitable machines.

I haven't purchased processing gear yet, but do have the Otari MTR-10 and 12 on their way.

If you are interested, drop me a note at -
r a d i a t i o n r o o m AT b l a z e n e t DOT n e t _REMOVE_THE_SPACES_

73's - Carli

FYI... Complemetary = FREE

JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

Re: Who here needs Mastering?

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:30 am

no offence, but i would never let a DJ master my records... having once made the mistake of putting heaphones on during a friend's set... i thought my ears were finished forever after about 2 seconds. hopefully the 'DJ' part of your name is just clever, or you wear earplugs when you DJ, but seriously, the SPLs that DJs subject their ears to is mind bogglingly rediculous and hearing damaging. you can't possibly master a record after subjecting your ears to that kind of abuse night after night. i mean, on the chance that somehow you've DJ'd and not completely destroyed your hearing, big ups to you... but good hearing and being able to rock a party are usually mutually exclusive after a couple years on the job.

john
i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/

pk
buyin' gear

Re: Who here needs Mastering?

Post by pk » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:42 am

i concur and would even say that your post is about as amateur as it gets (again, no offense). Why not get everythig up and running, have a few examples of your work ready to show and perhaps, then, come here and unload your feverish desires to make a name for yourself as a 'mastering engineer'. Am I being too harsh or does that not sound logical to you?