Newest Issue - Tame Impala - It's the music not the gear

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

markjazzbassist
tinnitus

Newest Issue - Tame Impala - It's the music not the gear

Post by markjazzbassist » Sun May 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Thank you so much for being an awesome magazine and actually asking real questions. The tame impala interview rocks, i love the before and after.

The greatest thing is realizing both records are done on Boss Multi-Track recorders, which many here would say are pieces of crap and not professional. Instead they are major releases that garner serious interest and accolades. I love this so much. Thank you for talking about that with them in the interview and again asking what they recorded the second record on. I feel so inspired to go write music now knowing that a sweet band uses shitty gear and doesn't even care, because in the end it's all about the music. bravo tape op

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Jeff White » Mon May 20, 2013 2:27 pm

I can't wait to read this. Love that band.

Funny, but in a bunch of EPK videos for the latest record, there is A LOT of gear in Kevin's bedroom studio, including a MBP, Mackie Onyx FW mixer, etc. Curious as to how the boss recorder fits in to the whole thing.

Jeff
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

markjazzbassist
tinnitus

Post by markjazzbassist » Wed May 22, 2013 1:14 pm

the article explains it all, and is a fabulous read. it's 2 parts, one interview around the first record time, and the second interview at the second record time. so you get to see the growth, creative process and how they've changed/stayed the same. good stuff.