suburbicana / indie rock / punk band - Forget This new LP

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

blackmajik2021
audio school graduate

suburbicana / indie rock / punk band - Forget This new LP

Post by blackmajik2021 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:35 am

hey all,

http://forgetthis.bandcamp.com/

my bands album just came out yesterday. I recorded it all myself at jam eater (my studio), got it mastered by paul gold.

here's what some people have said about it:

"For fans of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Titus Andronicus, Bruce Springsteen, and The Replacements, throwing a few coins in the guitar case of a disheveled busker playing a song in a gas station parking lot about all the things you've left behind and all the things you're driving toward."
- Pierce Lydon, best shots

"This music sounds as if it was made by Conor Oberst's younger and less talented brother. Why listen to this music when Conor Oberst has 50 songs with the same structure, same voice, BUT better melodies."
- Vlatko Libl, The Blamo Net

Image[/img]

jgimbel
carpal tunnel

Post by jgimbel » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:13 pm

Very nice, man! I listened through the whole thing as I was working on some things today. The instrument arrangements really appeal to me and really keep things moving. The whole album has a kind of feel to me like you'd be in a big, maybe drunken, but attentive group of people singing along to it. I really dig the toy piano and glockenspiel in Still Alive, and the entrance of the drums in Waiting For The Cavalry is pretty powerful. Great guitar sounds all around too.

The review snippets you mentioned seem pretty accurate to me, though I didn't totally get a huge Conor Oberst feel until Funeral #1. The "whole group of people singing" type of thing along with the spaciousness of some of the songs makes me think a bit of Deja Entendu-era Brand New, along with the Replacements like you mentioned. Overall, really nice! I'm in Philly and have occasionally played in NYC, I'd love to work out a show with you guys sometime!
My first new personal album in four years - pay what you want - http://jessegimbel.bandcamp.com

blackmajik2021
audio school graduate

Post by blackmajik2021 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:12 am

wow thanks for the kind words!

just shoot us an email or message on facebook. We're aways down to play shows!

- Ian

pandemic
pushin' record

Post by pandemic » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:03 am

This is great stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Good Luck At Any Cost