Trident 88 Console

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Binze
pluggin' in mics

Trident 88 Console

Post by Binze » Fri May 20, 2016 6:26 pm

I will be looking to pick up a new console later on this year and the new offering from Trident has caught my attention. I like the face that this is a a fully modular design that features both inline and split architecture. I've had experience working on an 80B in the past and the EQ seems as if it would be in the same vein. Adding transformers to the master bus and preamps would be an attractive option as well.

Do any of you own a Trident 88 or have an experience working on one?

jgimbel
carpal tunnel

Post by jgimbel » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:11 pm

I haven't worked on a Trident but I'm doing some planning for the future and this board is the main option for a new board that's caught my eye. I'd definitely like to hear from anyone else who has worked on one.
My first new personal album in four years - pay what you want - http://jessegimbel.bandcamp.com

Binze
pluggin' in mics

Post by Binze » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:29 pm

Bump

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Re: Trident 88 Console

Post by alexdingley » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:50 am

I’m equally curious about this board. I’ve got a plan that should see me getting into a bigger board in the next 2-3yrs... and I own a Toft ATB16. For the money I’d be spending to have a new 88 w/ 24 faders, I could probably grab a fairly clean vintage 80B.

I do know that the new 88 has an EQ more like the 80C, and it should be a less noisy board, based solely on the age... but I’m curios if the newer board would have the guts & soul that those older boards had (and seem to still have).

That said, I’d really into the idea of a board that will require less upkeep, and can have those Lundahl transformers on inputs and master section.