Someone's C/L ad - opinions?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

vvv
zen recordist

Someone's C/L ad - opinions?

Post by vvv » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:45 am

Pro Trump Musicians Wanted

That's right , that's what I said pro Trump musicians wanted because that's what I am and I'm proud of it and I don't want to hang with any leftist brain washed liberal anti American New World Order (NWO) pro globalist mainstream media dick licking mother fuckers with their heads up their ass. Now that we've got that out of the way , do I have any takers that can actually play it like it was meant to be played? I'm an American Music lover that loves everything from rock to country to blues to R&B to folk to metal to everything in between and damn good at what I do and I'm not going to apologize for any of it. I'm looking to be with a group of my own kind that knows exactly what I'm talking about and ain't afraid to admit it. And please , don't confuse this some political Democrat / Republican bullshit either cause that ain't what this is about. It's about playing music with people with the same core values and beliefs that actually have respect for each other that you can count on! If any of this clicks with you drop me a line and we'll go from there. I'm primarily a guitarist and a singer that plays other things too. Hope to hear from you soon!
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

markjazzbassist
tinnitus

Post by markjazzbassist » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:45 am

politics aside the ego (i'm amazing at what i do and not ashamed) and overall angriness and hatred in the post is such a massive turnoff i just don't see how they think people are going to flock to them and want to play with them.

i read wacked posts like this on my CL all the time: we are pro and need a real pro, need your vids, endorsements (yes you must have them, WERE PRO), and you must play donna lee at 3354 bpm. it's just amateur hour, they think they know pro or are pro and exude some false persona that they saw in interviews/movies/media/etc.

i was a professional musician and toured all over the world for about 7 years before calling it quits. the only people that got gigs were kind and fun people that you'd want to live with for months at a time. no one wanted angry ass holes. hell we hired a couple musicians who were "lesser" musicians than others that auditioned (still able to nail the live music) just because their "hang" was better. if you could play the gig that's great, but beyond that it was about personality. no amount of shredding makes up for dickheads.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:45 pm

Yeah, I mean, if you wouldn't want to talk to him, why would you want to make music with him?

I note I am assuming the ad poster is of the male gender; there can't be more women like my ex (she doesn't play guitar). :twisted:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:27 pm

Out of all the common factors I would want to align myself to other musicians with...why choose politics? It all comes down to who I can spend time with without wanting to murder them, who contributes something, etc... What a scared, insecure little man..maybe he just needs a shoulder to cry on..

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:18 am

The guy was a jerk in how he wrote the ad but values can matter creatively as well as interpersonally. When I was looking for a band, I did list "no sexist lyrics" in my CL ad because I'm not the lyricist but I am done with that shit for this lifetime. Got tons of replies, too.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:32 am

Yeah, I didn't mean it for the polotics of the thing - even Ted Nugent needs to make music.

I'm a flaming liberal, and my best bud is a right-wing Libertarian.

But the 'tude of this dude ...

I mean, imagine that first phone call:

"Dude, you really lay it out there."

"Yeah, well, all the cocksuckers ever answered my other ads were liberal 'tards just like I called 'em when I said they were 'dick licking 'mother fuckers' and the snowflakes always want to play English poofter music and it makes me so angry I do concealed carry right there at practice for when they launch into a Stones song or some other un-American crap so I can just whip out my piece and scare 'em back into the real American music - but NOT fucking rap or jazz or industrial or soul or any of that pussy shit."

"Uh, OK, well, I gotta go ..."
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:38 am

JES wrote: When I was looking for a band, I did list "no sexist lyrics" in my CL ad because I'm not the lyricist but I am done with that shit for this lifetime. Got tons of replies, too.
Reminds me of a story:

I started a project with a drummer some years back where I was the writer and singer and we did this song I wrote called, "Fela" and about the 5th time we played it he got very concerned, due to the song's tribal beat and the lyrics (the outtro was "Fe-e-ela" repeated sing-song African style over a static bass pattern), that it was somehow racist. It was actually about a cab driver who turned me on to Fela Kuti on a long cab ride one afternoon ...
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:08 pm

vvv wrote:Yeah, I didn't mean it for the polotics of the thing - even Ted Nugent needs to make music.

I'm a flaming liberal, and my best bud is a right-wing Libertarian.

But the 'tude of this dude ...

I mean, imagine that first phone call:

"Dude, you really lay it out there."

"Yeah, well, all the cocksuckers ever answered my other ads were liberal 'tards just like I called 'em when I said they were 'dick licking 'mother fuckers' and the snowflakes always want to play English poofter music and it makes me so angry I do concealed carry right there at practice for when they launch into a Stones song or some other un-American crap so I can just whip out my piece and scare 'em back into the real American music - but NOT fucking rap or jazz or industrial or soul or any of that pussy shit."

"Uh, OK, well, I gotta go ..."
On the plus side, it's unlikely anyone who answers doesn't know what they're getting into...

JWL
deaf.

Post by JWL » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:10 pm

I don't have time for belligerently ignorant people too stupid to see their own self contradictions.

Pass.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:16 pm

JES: there's that.

JWL: except to larf at 'em, me.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:09 am

This ad sounds like the perfect job for,

you know him,

you love him,

Its:

TAD DONLEY!!!
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:15 am

One time, long ago, my friend answered an ad in Syracuse for a guy looking to build a "touring back-up band" for his blues act.

My buddy the bassist set-up an audition, with myself on drums with him. We went to this guy's house, in a... rough area.

We knocked on the door. A gentlemen answered and said "So, are YOU the M%*#23 F^%$#@s that have been callin' me on the phone?!?"

We didn't get the call, but that guy did go on to become something of a regional blues sensation. However, we're still just the M*^%$#@& F*&^%$#s, apparently.

GJ
Gregg Juke
Nocturnal Productions Music Group
Drum! Magazine Contributor
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:26 am

Nick Sevilla wrote:This ad sounds like the perfect job for,
you know him, ....
Jeez, I thought this was gonna be about the $35.00 guy.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:24 pm

vvv wrote:
Nick Sevilla wrote:This ad sounds like the perfect job for,
you know him, ....
Jeez, I thought this was gonna be about the $35.00 guy.
Nah, we here only do CLASSY stuff.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:37 am

He dunnit again:

Pro Trump Musicians Wanted

That's right , that's what I said pro Trump musicians wanted because that's what I am and I'm proud of it and I don't want to hang with any leftist brain washed liberal anti American New World Order (NWO) Pro Globalist mainstream media dick licking mother fuckers with their heads up their ass. Now that we've got that out of the way , do I have any takers that can actually play it like it was meant to be played? I'm an American Music lover that loves everything from rock to country to blues to R&B to folk to metal to everything in between and damn good at what I do and I'm not going to apologize for any of it. I'm looking to be with a group of my own kind that knows exactly what I'm talking about and ain't afraid to admit it. And please , don't confuse this some political Democrat / Republican bullshit either cause that ain't what this is about because there are monstrous criminals and traitors in both parties that need to be brought down. It's about playing music with people with the same core values and beliefs that actually have respect for each other that you can count on! It's about saving the American way of life and our freedoms from being sold out from under us by traitors like the Bush and Clinton and Obama crime families and stopping truly evil people like George Soros and countless others too many to list! Do some real research if you think I'm full of shit. If you voted for the wrong side out of ignorance (not knowing) what they've been trying to hide for so long it's OK , I forgive you nobody's perfect . If any of this clicks with you drop me a line and we'll go from there. I'm primarily a guitarist and a singer that plays other things too. Hope to hear from you soon!

P.S. If you're gonna send me some inflammatory emails and try to intimidate me like one asshole did by all means leave me your phone number like ROBERT , FROM SPECTRUM DID @ XXXX show contact info and see how I curl up into the fetus position and suck my thumb. LOL!! What a pussy !
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.