pre-producer wanted.

phatty
audio school

pre-producer wanted.

Post by phatty » Fri May 16, 2003 12:59 pm

my band is looking for someone (or a few different people) in the portland area who fancy themselves as producers and are interested in coming in to practice one day for an hour and listening to our material and giving us written feedback on each song. I will pay you, just not very much. something like $20. Send me some credentials if you can.

Lord Alvin
audio school

Re: pre-producer wanted.

Post by Lord Alvin » Mon May 19, 2003 4:57 pm

Hi phatty

I don't know how much luck you will have getting someone to show up for $20 bucks. If you want someone who is any good to come by you will have to pay them real money. Preproduction takes more than an hour to do. It will likely take several days. Plan on paying about $200 to $300 per day for someone who is qualified. Or just find a friend who will do it for free.

Professor
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Professor » Wed May 21, 2003 5:54 pm

Portland is a long way for me to drive for $20 but I like band coaching. If you ever find yourselves heading towards the Pullman/Moscow area, send me a message before you come, I could arrange a time for you guys to drop by and play for a while and would be happy to help out with coaching.
If you want to book a few gigs out here and make a weekend out of it perhaps I can be of some assistance. Admittedly I only just moved to the area, but I've been meaning to scope out the bookings situation at the local clubs to make myself known.
Have you got any material recorded yet or is this very 'pre' production?

-Jeremy

Piotr
tinnitus

Post by Piotr » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:58 pm

Well, I happen to have a little free time on my hands and I have been eager to find a project to produce. Give me a call sometime or check out my website and let me know if you want to give it a go.

I have 15 years+ guitar experience and an excellent sense for pop. I would probably try and shape your music toward its essence and listen for what is most original about your project. Mainly, I would say just do it!
Yours,

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas

Piotr
tinnitus

Post by Piotr » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:59 pm

Well, I happen to have a little free time on my hands and I have been eager to find a project to produce. Give me a call sometime or check out my website and let me know if you want to give it a go.

I have 15 years+ guitar experience and an excellent sense for pop. I would probably try and shape your music toward its essence and listen for what is most original about your project. Mainly, I would say just do it!
Yours,

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas