Looking to check out Chapel Hill area studios

absent
alignin' 24-trk

Looking to check out Chapel Hill area studios

Post by absent » Thu May 20, 2004 10:19 am

Tape Op Nuts;

I am William Price. I am currently romaing around in the Chapel Hill area in NC (and I may hit Athens GA later this week), which I am investigating for possible relocation purposes. Is anyone around here that wishes to get together and for coffee or a beer to discuss the area from the point of view of a recordist/Tape Op-ist?
I'd love to tour a studio, check out some bands or just discuss the areas music/recording /pro sound scene. I was resident live sound engineer at The Union in Athens, OH for the last three years, and I am about to graduate with a Bachelor's in Telecommunications from Ohio University, where I majored in Music Production.
I don't mind if you want to party if you dont mind that me staying sober. ; D
Sincerely,

William Price
absent@frognet.net

lobstman
buyin' gear

Re: Looking to check out Chapel Hill area studios

Post by lobstman » Fri May 21, 2004 3:30 pm

Well, no shit! I spent four (or was it five?) alcohol-soaked years during the early '90s in the "Jewel Of The Hocking River Valley", much of that upstairs at the Union. I spent the last few months of that time doing sound at the Union, although my main gig was leading the band of pirates that ran Mem Aud (AKA the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium, although the T-B part came later).

Anyway, I now live in Raleigh, NC- down the road from Chapel Hill. I'm not as involved with music as I used to be, but if I can give you any pointers or answer any questions, PM me, I'd be glad to.

Tell Lou and Scott I said hi- they probably won't remember me, but my name (Mark Richardson) will hopefully ring a bell. Lots of great times at the Onion- like the time the "Union" sign got stolen right before Lou bought the place, God & Texas, ADR... amnesia lane, here I come...