Noise Problem

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
AstroDan
george martin

Noise Problem

Post by AstroDan » Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:08 pm

I have a Gateway Solo, and I'm uploading audio to a software program called DartPro. The problem is there is this 'click' that ticks in 2 second intervals, ruining the audio, and I have no clue where it is in the system or what it is. It sounds like an 808 hi hat. Gateway doesn't know...Help? Please?

pandafresh
takin' a dinner break

Re: Noise Problem

Post by pandafresh » Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:00 pm

that normaly means something isnt authorised..
i have only heard that in expired plug-ins before though. clicks, drop outs etc.. in an even interval..

A.L.
buyin' a studio

Post by A.L. » Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:44 pm

This is all software, right? What is this audio you're uploading? Where is it coming from and how did it get there? Times I've heard that phenomena: bad SPDIF connections; very slightly corrupted files (zip disk / HD going under, bad file transfer, bad 'net connections etc.); also what Pandafresh said. Also sounds like the CD copy-protection junk the majors were (are?) trying out a little while back, mostly overseas. I have a suspicion that has nothing to do with your problem, but hey.

AstroDan
george martin

Post by AstroDan » Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:10 pm

Sorry for the delay; I forgot I posted this...

Ok, I totally re-loaded my system, from scratch, it was that bad and I was that desparate.

I re-load, no noise. I upload all the goodies, MS Word, etc,...no noise. THEN, I download Adaptec Easy-CD Creator. Noise is back.

Just wanted to update.

I am a fucking computer genius. Not.

Thanks for the replies, though.