I need space in Orlando.

nicksense15
gettin' sounds

I need space in Orlando.

Post by nicksense15 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:33 am

Small space needed for mixing and overdubbing in Orlando, I would provide all my own equipment.

Anyone have any ideas?

Nick
nicksense@aol.com

record-olotta
pluggin' in mics

Re: I need space in Orlando.

Post by record-olotta » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:40 pm

i lived in orlando last year. i'm in the process of building a studio in pittsburgh. it took us 3-4 months to find an affordable space. what we did here, and i'm imagining your best bet there will be drive around. drive through the area surrounding down town, all around winter park down towards rollins and UCF... any building that says for lease call. you'll probably run into mostly people charging 10/square foot and only renting out spaces larger than you need. much larger. but keep beating the roads and you'll find something. we lucked out with a $4/sq. ft 2500 sq. ft. place... it took a long time but the search is worth it. don't be afraid to offer the landlord less money than he/she wants, chances are, knowing that area that you'll be looking at a bunch of abandoned strip malls and the like, so if something's been vacant long enough they might reduce their rate for you. also.. this one might be a downer for you, but most commercial spaces won't lease to you for less than 3 years. i couldn't find a single one in the city of pittsburgh. a lot of them wanted 5 year leases. also this isn't the kind of lease where you can kind of just.. skip out... these are the kind of leases that if you break them you will be sued for the remaining rent that you owe for the duration of your lease!

happy hunting. be careful, and make sure you can afford it. don't hope that business will cover rent, make sure your day job covers rent until your studio is your day job. if you don't you could be in for some tough tough days.

(are you a full sailor?)

joseph l bartolotta

nicksense15
gettin' sounds

Post by nicksense15 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:45 am

Thanks for the advice, I am not quite ready to rent a large commercial space just yet. Just something small.

And no Im not a Full Sailor.

Nick

record-olotta
pluggin' in mics

Post by record-olotta » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:23 pm

i really don't know what else to suggest... i mean... if i were you i'd probably just make sure the next place a lived was a decently isolated house, like one of the crap shacks near where 476 meets 50... you can rent it cheap and keep a room/your living room for recording?

hope you figure something out..
joe

Auxillary
buyin' gear

Post by Auxillary » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:46 am

Nick sense, im in tampa and would love to hook up, if you dont mind the 1.5hour drive.

I can provide and auxillary equipment you might have a hankering for as well. can also provide lodging for up to 4 people. 8 if some guys dont mind sleeping on a big floor.

PM me and let me know.
kids make electric guitars

www.geocities.com/ubertar/kids

knmy
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by knmy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:13 pm

Would that be 436 and 50.. :P
record-olotta wrote:i really don't know what else to suggest... i mean... if i were you i'd probably just make sure the next place a lived was a decently isolated house, like one of the crap shacks near where 476 meets 50... you can rent it cheap and keep a room/your living room for recording?

hope you figure something out..
joe
Your bass sounds like a wet noodle.....