Dish on Cleveland......

bigskydrinkwine
audio school

Dish on Cleveland......

Post by bigskydrinkwine » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:22 pm

Hey

wondering if anyone would like to hang out in the cleveland area who loves music....into the verve, radiohead, doves, wilco, otis redding, sly, pink floyd, spiritualized, oasis, my bloody valentine, bowie, south, elbow, hendrix, dylan, mf doom, madvillain, madlib, uncle tupelo, whiskeytown, roxy music, lucinda williams, loads more.

I am looking to surround myself with cool people who enjoy going to see shows, festivals, hang out and listen to records and swap, and who also would possibly like to collaborate on musical projects in the future. I am steady learning the trade of guitar playing and will learn more about the recording process and other instruments. I am 26 and looking to build bonds with cool, smart people who aren't pricks.

Bobby

bigtoe
deaf.

Re: Dish on Cleveland......

Post by bigtoe » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:14 am

i'm not cool - and rarely get out - but go hang out at the beachland...nice folks...good shows, good beer prices and a musical education on the juke box... and someone just opened a record store down the street. cool part of town...long live the owners.

Mike

Nate Dort
tinnitus

Post by Nate Dort » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:46 pm

Is the Grog Shop still around? I saw some good shows there a few years ago when I lived in Pittsburgh. There was also a decent record store down the street. The basement full of vinyl was pretty good. They also had some cool posters.

bigtoe
deaf.

Post by bigtoe » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:32 am

it is. they moved down the street last year...it's in a better spot now...the room is much more comfortable and sounds much better...the basement has some dance club..

record store...yer probably referring to the record revolution...decent store...that has been around forever.

the only real changes...the euclid tavern and speak in tongues closed up a few years ago those two were kind of institutions. peabodies just re-opened...hopefully the house of blues will stay away.

Mike

loosegravel
gettin' sounds

Post by loosegravel » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:28 am

I think I am what you may be looking for. Me and my buddy erik just play guitars, record, listen to records and play miss pacman. My favorite bands are Neutral Milk Hotel, Radiohead, Tom Waits, the Microphones, Built to Spill, etc... My name's henry and our band (ironically called Henry James) is playing the beachland ballroom on thursday. I live on the west side of Cleveland. PM if you wanna hang out, as I love to meet intersting people.

Henry

edit: we are 19, but not stupid. Don't know if that matters to you.