loudmusic
steve albini likes it

M. Cadet Studios in Athens, GA

Post by loudmusic » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:54 pm

xonlocust
tinnitus

Re: M. Cadet Studios in Athens, GA

Post by xonlocust » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:47 pm

hey loud- zzzz's also have another website http://www.zzzzmusic.com your place looks great! what's up with all the chicago connections?

loudmusic
steve albini likes it

Post by loudmusic » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:25 am

Thanks! I'm gonna have mp3s up soon.

I have lots of friends in Chicago, because I grew up around Ann Arbor/Ypsi, and was in a band called DATA CADET in the mid 90's that was friends with lots of Chicago bands like Sweep, Mike Lust from Lustre King... playing with bands like 90 day men in tiny little basements... lot's of Chicago bands made the trip over to the Blind Pig in Ann ARbor, or the Green Room in Ypsi... and we played the Fireside a few times... cross pollination. WE RAGAZZI are friends from way back... Colleen the key player was best friends with Dave a guy in Data Cadet... and you know how it goes. Now I'm a "yankee" in the South. Nobody quite understands me.

I may live in Athens, but my heart is still up in Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor, and Chicago!!

Martin

xonlocust
tinnitus

Post by xonlocust » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:11 am

ah, that's awesome! i grew up in mid-michigan, but went to school in madison before coming to chicago. i remember the name data cadet, that's cool! yup, small world huh? i played drums for we ragazzi really short after ali left the first time and they were just reforming, it was between me and tim mcconville, and i ended up losing the job! the girls in my band used to play with ali too, but ali quit thier old band to rejoin we ragazzi. really nice guys, i'm glad they're doing so well. you probably already know about just a fire and haymarket riot too, right? chris daly's in both of those bands.

are you in a band currently?

later!
nick

loudmusic
steve albini likes it

Post by loudmusic » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:59 pm

Yeah, I know about haymarket riot and just a fire, but man I haven't talked to Chris in a long time.

Where did you grow up in Michigan?

Tim is nice guy. Ali is A nice gal. Truth be told, she's one of my favorite drummers. We have talked about doing some sort of long distance collaboration thing but so far it's only been talk... but I'd love to get her drums on some of my tunes.

Do you know Scot Anna (drummer From Sweep)? Is he still tending at the Fireside? That is one of the best humans in the world.

later!

Hey, get me your address and I'll send you the We Ragazzi record.

Martin