Neve recording studio on L.I. with in house producers

jsel84
audio school

Neve recording studio on L.I. with in house producers

Post by jsel84 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:58 pm

Looking for a great sound and thirty years of experience? Need production help with your songs? Sabella Recording Studios can help?
We have a Neve 8068 Mark 2 console with the true flying fader automation,
tons of tube out-board gear, Pultec EQs, UREI 1176s, 175s, EMTs, Quantec room simulator, and much much more. In addition we also offer a great line of tube guitar amps, Fenders from the '60s with Watkins and Selmer amps, and yes Marshalls. All of this is supported by Protools as well as a Studer 2" machine all in the same room.
Check out our website and read our artists testimonials, along with the history of our studio.
For a studio like this, our prices are very affordable from $65-75.00 per hour
(engineer included).
http://www.sabellastudios.com/home.htm

aurelialuz
dead but not forgotten

Re: Neve recording studio on L.I. with in house producers

Post by aurelialuz » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:28 pm

that watkins joker is the coolest amp i've ever seen.
"While every effort has been made to ensure optimum sound quality, priority has been given to historic content and importance."

jsel84
audio school

Post by jsel84 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:34 pm

Thanks for the comment on my Watkins Joker.
I guess you read about how I got it and the work I did to get up and running.
I use this amp when ever I jam with some old friends of mine (every other week). When ever we have a new member that stops by they all say wow where did you get that amp.When they hear it they wish they owned it.
Its been used on some sessions with great susccess, I really should get a sound clip on the site to hear it.

Its not very loud, about 25 watts. I would almost say like a AC 15 but not really. They have their own sound. At the moment I use a very early Celestion 12 Tames Ditton the early alnicos. It orginaly came with a 12 inch Goodmans I think a 301 can't remember. It looks as though Charley Watkins would have used two 10s because they would fit the cab better.
I just got two very early 10 inch Goodmans speakers (very large Alnicos) I first put them in one of my Watkins Dominators and the amp sounded so great and louder.
I was told that these speakers were an up grade in the Vox AC10 that came stock with the Elacs, they too sound good but the goodmans are louder
and just a better speaker a bit brighter also.
Any way thanks for the E mail.
regards
jim

Meriphew
deaf.

Post by Meriphew » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:53 pm

Mmmm.... 8068 mk II. Doesn't get any better than that. Nice M49's too.