another one...

evan
buyin' gear

another one...

Post by evan » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:41 am

A few songs I recorded live (vocals were overdubbed later) for a band I play bass for...

The Rents
Snitches Get Stitches
Strip In Summer

I used a C3000 on guitar and vocals, a stereo Sony electret mic for the drums, a Superlux bass-drum mic for the bass, and SM57 for the keyboards. This all ran into a small Behringer mixer, which in turn ran into a Yamaha MT120 4-track as one fat stereo track. I found that running those recordings into my Panasonic portable CD player's "live" EQ settings improved the mix dramatically, so I pushed it through that and then mixed in the vocals in Vegas.

dynomike
carpal tunnel

Re: another one...

Post by dynomike » Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:13 am

The intro is really cool. The drums came out well, you can hear the kick which is often lost from just a stereo drum recording.

I listened to the first song... could actually hardly listen to the whole thing, it sounds REALLY dissonant. Were they guitars like out of tune with the keys or something?

mike

axial
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by axial » Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:32 am

yeah there was something funky about it, but honestly I dug the shit out of it I liked the lyrics(first song)in the end it seemed to raise in volume abit.
but good stuff.
don't worry we don't need to track, we'll fix it later!

evan
buyin' gear

Post by evan » Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:49 am

Yeah, I think the C3000 was picking up the bass drum of the kit. There was massive bleed between the mics, so it got all mixed together...

Are you speaking of the entire guitar part, or just the picking part of the recording that's out-of-tune? I thought it sounded a bit off on the picking, but I didn't think it was that noticable. Guess I was wrong.

The volume does raise a bit on the end. I'll fix that.