Looking for partnership--Portland, OR

rockstarfactory
gimme a little kick & snare

Looking for partnership--Portland, OR

Post by rockstarfactory » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:01 pm

Thanks for looking!

I am a multi-instrumentalist producer here in Portland, who's looking to share studio space with someone else who is responsible, honest, relatively drug-free, :) all the usual positives. I would prefer Portland, but Seattle and San Francisco are viable alternatives also.

I'm looking to do this because I'm a Jon Brion kind of guy who plays almost all the instruments on an album, so I can't engineer and play at the same time. If you work in a similar way, or if you are primarily an engineer with cool ideas of your own, we could have a monster production team, a la Mitchell Froom and Tchad Blake.

I have a Mac G4/Digi 001 setup, with a couple of nice mic's and great instruments. My web site (http://www.toddbayles.com) has more info about my equipment and some samples of my production style. They change occasionally, so please check back. They were recorded in my apartment (direct, for the most part--that's out of necessity, not by choice, so please. . .be gentle. :) ) I'm primarily wanting you to listen to my playing style.

Let me know what you think, and please feel free to pass this message on if you know someone who is looking for someone like me.

Thanks, and good luck in all your musical endeavors!
--Todd Bayles
http://www.toddbayles.com

Shawn Simmons
buyin' a studio

Re: Looking for partnership--Portland, OR

Post by Shawn Simmons » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:35 pm

Not looking for a studio partner but always looking for new people to work with (and I love Jon Brion's work). I own a studio (with a good friend) in Seattle that would work great for what you're trying to do. We'll have a website up soon. We have ProTools HD, Neves, Coles, Knabe Grand piano, B3 w/leslie, Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Fender amps, and TONS of space. I am confident in saying that we have the biggest project studio in Seattle. I can send you a sampling of my work if you want. Or check out www.andrewnorsworthy.com, there's a lot of mp3's to listen to there that I've done.

Shawn