Chicago area recording studio...

jasonward2000
audio school

Chicago area recording studio...

Post by jasonward2000 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:17 pm

For those in need in the Chicago area, Prole Arts is an affordable but professional studio located on the near nw side. Most well-suited to overdubbing and mixing, we also occasionally track a full band. The studio offers an MCI JH24 2" 24 tk., ProTools LE (18 i/ps, 16 o/ps), an Otari MX5050III 1/2" 8 tk., a Neotek Elan console, and a bunch of other goodies. Rates are typically $30/hour, $300/day and for the louder rock bands, I work out of a number of other affordable tracking rooms to start a project.
Please check out www.prolearts.com or www.jasonward.org for more info...
cheers!

ericblam
pluggin' in mics

Re: Chicago area recording studio...

Post by ericblam » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:50 pm

Wow....you recorded the Brown Whornets.....that's really cool. I saw them when I was visiting San Antonio @ the Reverb Lounge. That was probably like 4 years ago. They were great. What studios are you tracking out of??

eric@blam

jasonward2000
audio school

Post by jasonward2000 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:37 am

I have mostly lately been doing tracking in Benton Harbor, MI at a studio called The Key Club (www.keyclubrecording.com). The owners, Bill and Jessica are featured in this month's TapeOp. That place is terrific, a really great getaway. Also in town I have tracked a few records at Semaphore (www.semaphorerecording.com), Soma (www.somastudios.com), and the late KingSize (someone else has their space now). I also still work with a fair amount of Austin bands down there from time to time at The Bubble, which has moved since I was there last.
Brown Whornet is great fun to work with!
best,
j

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:28 pm

That all looks very cool. The Key Club also looks like a cool place--plus it was nice to find out what happened to Paragon's Flickinger console!
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/