Looking for drummer/synths in Chicago

literati
gimme a little kick & snare

Looking for drummer/synths in Chicago

Post by literati » Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:59 pm

Hey all.

My band Rachael's Surrender is looking for a drummer and a synth player to fill in holes in our lineup. When asked, I tend to describe the music as "spooky dance rock" - there's a little Garbage, a little goth and a bit o' techno in our stuff. Plus a big chunk of rock, just because. :)

Drummer - needs to be comfortable playing with a click, flexible enough to play dance tunes in odd time signatures (7/8, 5/4). Preferably able to work with electronic as well as acoustic drums. (Not entirely necessary, though.)

Synths - needs to be able to interpret existing synth parts and samples live as well as come up with new ones. We're looking for someone who's not married to their sequencer, and can do stuff live.

We have a rehearsal space in Humbolt Park. We've released two albums, and have a five-song EP more-or-less in the can. Rehearsals are generally twice weekly, with one or two gigs per month.

We want people who will contribute to the band, not just be hired hands. More info and song samples available at http://www.surrender.com/

If interested, contact Michael at michael@surrender.com.

Thanks.

literati

Re: Looking for drummer/synths in Chicago

Post by literati » Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:03 pm

Bumping this up, 'cause we're still looking...

literati

Re: Looking for drummer/synths in Chicago

Post by literati » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:37 pm

Well, we just did a show with a drum machine, which I hated. Desperation is setting in.

Really.

Cheerio,
Literati,
occasionally known as Michael