A Few Mixes From A Newbie

MusicallyMrM
audio school graduate

A Few Mixes From A Newbie

Post by MusicallyMrM » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:16 pm

:D Hey Forum

I was reading an article over at TDPRI about the changes at Quantegy. I surfed over here from there and I liked many of the post I've browsed. Seems like a great place to visit.

I'm a musc educator and performer in the Roanoke Valley/Northeastern North Carolina. I play guitar/bass, keys and do vocals. I also do a bit of songwriting and recording. (I do a lot of recording projects in Northeastern NC)

I'd be real honored if you guys would surf over to Musically Mr M @ Soundclick and listen to some very good original music covering styles as diverse as R&B, Hip-Hop, Country, Folk, Jazz-and all composed and performed by me and a few friends. Take a listen and please post comments on the tunes and the recording. I used some real "non" conventional techniques (by today's standards) to produce these samples proving that tape is alive and well and those of us who are purist will continue to find ways to keep the medium alive. :D
"Life Is Just A Game and they're many ways to play; All you do Is choose.........." Stanley Clarke

MusicallyMrM
audio school graduate

Re: A Few Mixes From A Newbie

Post by MusicallyMrM » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:53 am

:D Well, I'm suprised no one has made any comments yet.......guess I must be too *new* huh?

Please give a listen and give me some honest commentary; good or bad. Your comments will definitely help me improve my recording process and you might hear a few good songs in the process as well. It's surprising what you can get with a 4-track, a few warmed over effects and a little time..........
"Life Is Just A Game and they're many ways to play; All you do Is choose.........." Stanley Clarke

scott f.
ass engineer

Post by scott f. » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:40 am

not exactly my cup-o-tea but it sounds pretty good. acoutisc sounds work together really nicely.
angel crusher

MusicallyMrM
audio school graduate

Post by MusicallyMrM » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:17 am

:D Thanks Scott for the listen. If you don't mind me asking, what is your cup of tea? If someone were to ask me that , I couldn't answer. I'm like Mikey; I'll eat anything :D

scott f.
ass engineer

Post by scott f. » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:18 pm

mostly loud wall-of-sound rock music. i listen to some scattered mellow stuff to keep myself sane...
angel crusher