My Tracktion is Unregistered...

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
ArchangelX
audio school

My Tracktion is Unregistered...

Post by ArchangelX » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:55 am

(first post, I usually lurk)

I downloaded Tracktion last week, and I've been pretty happy with it. But I didn't try to actually render/export a file until today. I was told that I was using an unregistered version, and could not render anything.

I thought we were suppose to get free and fully working versions of Tracktion? Is there anything I can do to get mine registered for free?

Wilkesin
steve albini likes it

Re: My Tracktion is Unregistered...

Post by Wilkesin » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:49 pm

you need to go back and read the initial instructions carefully. You have to put your computer ID in at the mackie site and then they mail you a key to enter into the program to unlock. I can't remember the specifics because it has been so long since i did it, but all the info you need is on the startup page...

Hope you get it worked out...

ArchangelX
audio school

Post by ArchangelX » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:15 am

That sucks, lol. I wish I would've read them more carefully, I didn't realize I needed a code at the time.

I guess since the promotion's over I'm out of luck. I e-mailed Mackie about it, but I doubt they'll do anything considering it was free.

Wilkesin
steve albini likes it

Post by Wilkesin » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:22 am

someone posted in the PT Free thread just below that they extended his promotion...

Everybody's X wrote:rigsby, they extended the offer

http://my.mackie.com/tracktionpromotion.asp

also you can go to http://www.kreatives.org/ and download Krystal audio engine, which is a quite capable vst-enabled 16 track recorder. free also

ArchangelX
audio school

Post by ArchangelX » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:57 pm

I tried the link, but it just says 'promotion ended on Dec. 31st'.

Wilkesin
steve albini likes it

Post by Wilkesin » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:50 am

OK, open Traktion, hit the about button and copy down your machine's ID #. email it to me at wilkesin[at]yahoo.com and i will use it as my second computer registration and email you the Key back. Should be simple and i dont have another computer to run it on so i shouldnt need my second registration...

ArchangelX
audio school

Post by ArchangelX » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:12 pm

Sent you an e-mail from SonicBrew83_wmconnect.com. I figured I should post this seeing as how anyone could've sent you an ID number.

syrupcore
deaf.

Post by syrupcore » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:25 pm

Wilkesin wrote:OK, open Traktion, hit the about button and copy down your machine's ID #. email it to me at wilkesin[at]yahoo.com and i will use it as my second computer registration and email you the Key back. Should be simple and i dont have another computer to run it on so i shouldnt need my second registration...
and the nice guy of the week award goes to....