HELP!!!!!!! Pro Tools Hell!!!!

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
Jeremiah Cymerman
audio school graduate

HELP!!!!!!! Pro Tools Hell!!!!

Post by Jeremiah Cymerman » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:29 am

If anyone here can help me I will offer them my first born.

I am running Pro Tools 6.2.2 on my Powerbook G4. Just the other day I bought an EZQuest Cobra Pro Audio external hard drive. I ran a session the first night and everything was beautiful. Yesterday I did some mixes and everything was still beautiful. I quit Pro Tools and when i tried to open it later, Pro Tools took about 5 minutes to open, getting choked up when loading the Plug Ins. When it was finally opened I tried to open the session and a window came up reading "Please select the folder containing your Impulse Responses" I have no idea what this means and no matter what folder I choose, it begins to open Pro Tools and then the application unexpectedly quits. Has anyone here experienced anything like this? My suspicions are as follows:
1.) A frined of mine recently loaded a bunch of cracked Plug Ins on my computer, but that was a month ago. The one time that i was able to open a session in the last 24 hours was when I opened an old session that doesn't utilize any of the cracked Plug Ins. Still it took 5 minutes to open the program. Could this be a cause, and if so, what do I do?

2.) Does a new drive ever corrupt a program? This may seem like an ignorant question, but the new hard drive is the only new addition since this problem has begun to occur. Please, if anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate it.
Jeremiah
"I am as empty as a Fart"- the Great Went

JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

Re: HELP!!!!!!! Pro Tools Hell!!!!

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:37 am

erase the cracked plugins. duh. cracked shit fucks up. it's looking for the impulses for a convolution reverb that you didn't buy and likely don't have the impulses for anyway.

john.
i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/

mrufino1
pushin' record

Post by mrufino1 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:34 pm

That would be the problem.

sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

Post by sonikbliss » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:55 pm

"Please select the folder containing your Impulse Responses"
that message comes up from time to time with Altiverb (I believe the impulse response folder is in Applications>in a folder called Audio Ease). Definately remove anything that's a crack, besides being illegal most of them are highly unstable and will cause you all kinds of problems.

I don't think it's really possible for a new drive to corrupt your applications.

ProTools is more than likely taking so long to launch because it has to look through all the cracked plugins and figure out what's installed every time it starts up.

joelkriske
gettin' sounds

Post by joelkriske » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:36 am

it's the cracks, and it's most likely altiverb,
unless you have the jk_irr audiosuite plug-in.
then in might be that, and you can find impulses at the site...

<http://www.osxaudio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=114972>

gotta love his free work, and his initials. if he was me i'd love me more. :^:

anyway, in general, it's kinda in bad taste to have cracks in mixed company, and they always mess stuff up.
so green yr tasting the chlorophyll (fresh breath anyone?)