RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Straight to soundcard through 1/8" stereo. Not that bad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Music & MP3s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xSALx
pushin' record

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Straight to soundcard through 1/8" stereo. Not that bad Reply with quote

Ok, so I lent out my motu and had nothing to record with, so I did this recording the way I used to do it without. I don't think it sounds too bad. Let me know. I still need to add vocals, but everything else is there.

Clocks Have Gone Away.mp3
Al_Huero
suffering 'studio suck'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Straight to soundcard through 1/8" stereo. Not that Reply with quote

It does sound good. Was the whole band just mixed through a board and straight in on 2-channels? Very good sounds if that's the case. A bit too much cymbal for my taste--but I'm listening on some pretty crappy speakers so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.
xSALx
pushin' record

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: Straight to soundcard through 1/8" stereo. Not that Reply with quote

No, actually I recorded all the parts. I tracked the guitars and drums through yamaha mc2404 (older version) into a focusrite penta compressor, with the exception of the bass that was through a pod and then to a focusrite.

I could see your point about the cymbals. But there's no changing that, or atleast only with EQ. Haha. By tracking to 1/8" stereo I was limited recording 2 tracks at once, that's my limitation.

Thanks. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Music & MP3s All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: