Kill my iPod...please help me.

Scodiddly
genitals didn't survive the freeze

Re: Kill my iPod...please help me.

Post by Scodiddly » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:40 am

I think the iPods are neat, but I'll probably end up buying the Archos or something else that's a little more open. Plus I'd only buy something that recorded as well as played back.

maz
buyin' a studio

Post by maz » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:22 am

MichaelAlan wrote: Thank you Maz, but I bow before no man. A "thank you" is in order...Thanks..n stuff.

Seriously that's awesome. I owe you a coke.

Mike
yeah, I was psyched when I found that too! There's a couple other apps but that's the best free one. The only thing is that every time Apple updates either iPod software or iTunes, they usually break stuff like this. go to
http://www.versiontracker.com and there will usually be an update out a few days later that makes it work again.

There's also a cool program called GetTunes that allows you to copy music from a shared library which is cool if you have your music library on your home computer but want to put some songs on your laptop. Or, um, stealing music from people at coffeehouses too.

MichaelAlan
tinnitus

Post by MichaelAlan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:26 am

Rockin'. This will probably be the only time I need it, but it's good to have. Like I said, i only needed it to get my own music back ON my computer after I formatted. I figured if I see something as a stupid problem, someone smarter than me has already written a program to counter it.

Thanks smart folks.

Mike
All energy flows according to the whims of the great magnet...

sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

Post by sonikbliss » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:30 am

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:05 am

maz wrote: Or, um, stealing music from people at coffeehouses too.
yo yo yo! no one stealing here! Just "barrowing" is all. Watchyo mouth son!

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:19 am

maz wrote:
There's also a cool program called GetTunes that allows you to copy music from a shared library which is cool if you have your music library on your home computer but want to put some songs on your laptop.
there is another script, a Java one, that runs on both OSX and Windows called OurTunes

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:12 pm

Wilkesin wrote:Those are cool as hell, but i dont care for any of that picture viewer and whatever else shit and the website doesnt seem to sell the older "music only" models...any idea where i can buy one? I didnt notice any listings on eBAY right away.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 13235&rd=1

I have the Jukebox Recorder V2. Runs an open source OS called Rockbox.

A.L.
buyin' a studio

Post by A.L. » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:46 pm

Dude, just use Tinkertool (if you're running OSX you should have it anyway, it rocks) and turn on invisible folders. Totally painless.

As the leading MP3 player they have to do stupid shit like that to keep 'the man' from targeting their players as a means of piracy. It sucks but blame the shitheads at the RIAA, you know?

MichaelAlan
tinnitus

Post by MichaelAlan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:33 am

Does anyone know of a Pocket PC or something like that with significant enough space for MP3's? I was thinking of getting one...if not they should make an iPod that is also a Palm Pilot...

MIke
All energy flows according to the whims of the great magnet...

sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

Post by sonikbliss » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:16 am

MichaelAlan wrote:Does anyone know of a Pocket PC or something like that with significant enough space for MP3's? I was thinking of getting one...if not they should make an iPod that is also a Palm Pilot...

MIke
The current issue of MacAddict has all kinds of cool apps that you can run on the Ipod that will basically make it a palm pilot. This is the issue but they don't have the article online http://www.macaddict.com/magazine/

A.L.
buyin' a studio

Post by A.L. » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:12 am

sonikbliss wrote:
MichaelAlan wrote:Does anyone know of a Pocket PC or something like that with significant enough space for MP3's? I was thinking of getting one...if not they should make an iPod that is also a Palm Pilot...

MIke
The current issue of MacAddict has all kinds of cool apps that you can run on the Ipod that will basically make it a palm pilot. This is the issue but they don't have the article online http://www.macaddict.com/magazine/
But are they paid shareware? BAH

sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

Post by sonikbliss » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:38 am

A.L. wrote:
sonikbliss wrote:

MIke

Some of them are but I think some are free. BAH

A.L.
buyin' a studio

Post by A.L. » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:35 pm

sonikbliss wrote:
A.L. wrote:
sonikbliss wrote:

MIke

Some of them are but I think some are free. BAH
Ha ha, touch?.
thanks for the heads up, btw

veedub242
pluggin' in mics

Post by veedub242 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:29 pm

My friend brought his iPod over and i wanted to copy some of his music. i ran into the same problem. All you have to do is open the ipod as a drive and open the music folder for each artist so you can see each MP3 icon, select all the icons and then drag and drop them into itunes...they will all copy over. Its a small pain but it works...

maz
buyin' a studio

Post by maz » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:18 pm

veedub242 wrote:My friend brought his iPod over and i wanted to copy some of his music. i ran into the same problem. All you have to do is open the ipod as a drive and open the music folder for each artist so you can see each MP3 icon, select all the icons and then drag and drop them into itunes...they will all copy over. Its a small pain but it works...
huh? the music folders are hidden when you use the iPod as a drive. Unless the songs are copied just as files and folders.