RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Edit: New recordings with picture story and stuff!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Music & MP3s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dynomike
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Edit: New recordings with picture story and stuff! Reply with quote

EDIT: I just put up some pages of pictures and stuff on how I recorded these tracks for those of you who care:

www.mikekuehn.ca/recording.htm

I have 3 pages, for 3 different tracks. There are direct links to download the original and re-recorded tracks for comparison. Since my work has stopped scheduling me, I have a lot of time on my hands. Smile

Mike

Last edited by dynomike on Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
punkrockdude
gettin' sounds

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: So much new gear! Two new tracks, my best yet. Reply with quote

I really liked your songs. And you should be glad about that becuase I normally do not listen to this type of music. By the way, which genre is this? I want more of this kind of music. The feeling and sound of the soft song reminded me of soft Foo Fighters' songs.

Good job!
waitingroom
gimme a little kick & snare

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: So much new gear! Two new tracks, my best yet. Reply with quote

I listened to the original not blinking the other day, so I had to download this mix to compare. The vocals and guitars sound a lot better in my opinion, but i kinda like the drums on the old one better.
Everybody's X
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: So much new gear! Two new tracks, my best yet. Reply with quote

Damn Mike, go get a record deal already! Nice nice work yet again. Send me a CD damnit, my burners dead.

Not sure I dig the shaker on candy apple
everything else sounds really nice.
VI66
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: So much new gear! Two new tracks, my best yet. Reply with quote

Candy Apple is very nice and my favorite out of the two you have posted here. Note that the style is not normally my cup of tea, but I still like it.
TimorousMe
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Edit: New recordings with picture story and stuff! Reply with quote

Tres Bien and kudos. I play all the parts on my songs too. Overall it was a superb mix. My one qualm is with the snare roll at the beginning, It sounds to me like its out of place (and a bit rough). But thatís the only criticism I have. GOOD JOB!!!
Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Edit: New recordings with picture story and stuff! Reply with quote

TimorousMe wrote:
Tres Bien and kudos. I play all the parts on my songs too. Overall it was a superb mix. My one qualm is with the snare roll at the beginning, It sounds to me like its out of place (and a bit rough). But thatís the only criticism I have. GOOD JOB!!!

That snare threw me out a little at first but actually it's pretty damn close to the click. You get a good sound mike, pretty natural, organic sounding, all over good sounding recordings.

rigsbysmith.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Music & MP3s All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: