Paranormal Recordings Re-Visited

Bad Halen
gettin' sounds

Paranormal Recordings Re-Visited

Post by Bad Halen » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:32 pm

Alright.

I finally got around to putting my haunted Iron Maiden cassette into digital form. I needed to do it anyway as I don't ever want to lose this shit.

If you want to read my story about this recording, here's the link to the past thread http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopi ... ht=haunted

I swear on the heart and soul of my mother that this is real and not purposely messed with in any way. When this took place I was in the 5th grade and hi-speed dubbing was about the peak of my audio skills then. I'm not saying that, indeed, this is the voice of a ghost. I'm only wondering how the hell it got on there. This was dubbed from the "real thing'" on cassette to a brand new Maxell Gold cassette tape (i.e. blank/virgin). If you read the thread you'll see that the weird thing about the whole story is that my street address was "1504" (which is what "the voice" says, kinda....). Also, this is not my voice or any of my friends as we still had little kid voices.

It takes place about 16 seconds into the snippet after the big tom fill. Seems like it comes from the right channel more than the left.

Here's the link http://home.comcast.net/~privatespotty/ ... nGhost.mp3

To this day, this is one of my favorite recordings of all time (Iron Maiden's "Somewhere in Time") just because it brings me back to being 12 years old every time I hear that weird voice.

Also, Maxell gold cassette tapes RULE. This bitch has been around the block and STILL sounds dope.....almost 20 years later, bitches.

boobs...............(as that's the new "word"......or so I've read ;-))

cgarges
zen recordist

Re: Paranormal Recordings Re-Visited

Post by cgarges » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:50 pm

That's sweeeeeet!

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:57 pm

I read your story thread. That's truly interesting if it's true. I noticed that the 1504 was in time with the rythm. Weird. I was just watching Poltergeist today whilst practicing drum rudiments...it's very 80s and hollywood, but I think that movie was really well done for what it's worth. Great concepts going on in that flick.

The only thing close to this I've ever experienced is just the case of harmonic overtones created by the mix...and I love that shit. It's like there's another voice or instrument there without even taking up track space.

dynomike
carpal tunnel

Post by dynomike » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:08 pm

Whoa, thats actually loud.. AND in time! Cool.
Making Efforts and Forging Ahead Courageously! Keeping Honest and Making Innovations Perpetually!