RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
firepod system requirments

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: This #%^ Computer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R. Alcatraz
audio school

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: firepod system requirments Reply with quote

Has anyone here tried using a Firepod with a slower than 800 MHz G4? Like a 667 for instance? Just curious if this can work. It seems like since the drivers are built into the CoreAudio it wouldn't be too crazy for the CPU... thoughts?
toastchee
studio intern

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: firepod system requirments Reply with quote

I'm a PC guy, so I can't speak towards the Mac, but I run it pretty well on a 700 mHz laptop. There are even settings in the presonus 'control panel' to specify a slower CPU.

This is a dang nice interface. I recommend trying it out. Mebbe from somewhere with a good return policy?
tony moore
pushin' record

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: firepod system requirments Reply with quote

I'm waiting for mine to show up from Musicians Fiend.

What do you think of the pre's? Gain? Headroom?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wilkesin
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: firepod system requirments Reply with quote

My friend has one that i thought he was running on a pretty slow PC, turns out it is a 1.7 GHZ. But his recordings have gotten a lot better!
thearnicasync
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: firepod system requirments Reply with quote

I'll bet your fine, if you're doing max inputs/stereo out and vice/versa. Firewire is firewire, and the 400 mbs hasn't changed much.

If I were you, I wouldn't sweat that too much. It's mixing/plugs you're going to have to worry abut. And, like anyone will say, ram is your dear friend.

kelly
toastchee
studio intern

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: firepod system requirments Reply with quote

Pres: very, very nice. Transparent.

Gain: lots... +60dB maybe?

Headroom: can't really say.

everyone's I've recorded loves the unit. It's pro, man.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: This #%^ Computer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: