Studiomaster Series 2 24 x 8 x 2 in NYC $350 obo

kakumei47
steve albini likes it

Studiomaster Series 2 24 x 8 x 2 in NYC $350 obo

Post by kakumei47 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:42 pm

I tried to sell this on ebay a while ago but the buyer still hasn't paid or come by in a month, so I need to get it out of my apartment...
Studiomaster Series 2 24 channel 8 bus board. 2 sections that are easily connectable: a 16x8 main section and an 8 channel expansion (as pictured at http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/46554709.html ). Tape returns on all channels. Six auxes, and inserts on all channels and busses The EQ sounds really nice for the price and you have up to 16db + or - -- and it has 2 sweepable mids on each channel.

Each channel has: tape in, return, send, line, and mic inputs; 48v, pad, phase, line, and remix switches; gain, hf, high mid frequency, high mid level, low mid frequency, low mid level, and low knobs; eq cut, aux 1, pre switch, aux 2, pre switch, aux3/4, aux5, post switch, aux 6; pan defeat, pan; mute, solo, and mix and bus switches. The faders are smooth 100mm faders. For main outs for the board, you have line, control room, and 2 2-track outs.

This board is functional as is, but you will need to clean and do normal maintenence to get it 100%. There are many scratchy pots, group 7 out is noisy, channel 13 is out, and channel 24 cuts out here and there (cleaning?). I couldn't figure out if the solo works and the headphone monitor is mono unless you shake it. The meter bridge needs calibration and has a few cracks and chips in the plastic casing from rough shipping (meters are not broken). Those are all known issues, but like I said, I have been using it as is with few problems. With cleaning I think most of the issues could be fixed.

This comes with owners manual, power supply, power supply cabling, and spare ICs (meter bridge?), fuses, and the plastic pieces from the meter bridge. This does NOT come with everything in the picture -- ONLY the board and power supply. Come by to see it in Brooklyn!

This is for PICK UP IN BROOKLYN ONLY (Williamsburg). I do not want to ship this. Email me with any questions. I may be able to deliver nearby (NYC area) for a small fee. This must be picked up by this Friday afternoon (the 29th--sooner is better). Lower offers will be considered if no one offers 350 in the next few days.

Email or call Jeremy at 917.207.6722 if you have any questions. I will also consider trades for mics or preamps...

kakumei47
steve albini likes it

Re: Studiomaster Series 2 24 x 8 x 2 in NYC

Post by kakumei47 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:53 am

This is still available another flake out later.

Email me for pics at kakumei47@hotmail.com. The link above is old.

If you want to check it out let me know. I was asking $350 before, but I want it out of here soon so I'm open to reasonable offers.
This does sound surprisingly good (sometimes I like it better than my soundcraft 600), but as stated above you'll need to clean it and maybe do a bit of maintenence to get it 100%.

bigtoe
deaf.

Re: Studiomaster Series 2 24 x 8 x 2 in NYC $350 obo

Post by bigtoe » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:42 am

i'd buy this if i had the $ and was closer in a flipping heart beat. 350? yeesh!

Mike

kakumei47
steve albini likes it

Re: Studiomaster Series 2 24 x 8 x 2 in NYC $350 obo

Post by kakumei47 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:45 pm

this is now on craigslist nyc. there is a pic there. fyi if you're worried about space this can be run as 16x8 if you take off the expander.
this will probably end up on ebay in a week or two if it doesn't sell here.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/59109315.html