RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
PDX Sonofabitch Recording Nerd Seeks Friend

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Producer/Engineer and Studio Job Listings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velcrocore
ass engineer
http://www.therunawayboys.net/runawayboyscd.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: PDX Sonofabitch Recording Nerd Seeks Friend Reply with quote

Hello..

I'm just searching out other people in Portland who are doing basement recordings. I want to come visit and steal your software / micing techniques / brilliant ideas / ...
Maybe just someone else who reads tapeop and wants to have a few beers and plug the nintendo through a wah into a signal loop and record it.

jburbank@ymca-portland.org
www.icanlickanysob.com
Kyle
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: PDX Sonofabitch Recording Nerd Seeks Friend Reply with quote

We are in Portland.
Davin
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: PDX Sonofabitch Recording Nerd Seeks Friend Reply with quote

I like the nitendo idea!
todd aschoff
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: PDX Sonofabitch Recording Nerd Seeks Friend Reply with quote

I'm doing rookie above ground recordings, ProTools LE in SE Portland. I'm sure we could soften the learning curve for both over a beer. aschoff@mmode.com
ValveTone Mastering
pluggin' in mics

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: PDX Sonofabitch Recording Nerd Seeks Friend Reply with quote

Hey Todd! It's Damon from Thelmas and your "Swerve" days. Howdy! Anyway, saw your post and wanted to say hello!

Damon
Dead Aunt Thelmas - www.thelmas.com/studio.html
Starkey
audio school

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: PDX Sonofabitch Recording Nerd Seeks Friend Reply with quote

Hey, I am a little late replying, but I am in the same boat. I would love to get to know other Portland-area basement recordists. I live in SE Portland and have a functional basement studio (MOTU 828, Cubase SX, etc.).

I would love to find a few like-minders to trade ideas and help hit the red button... (Recording yourself is tiring)

Email me @ xaipe2005@comcast.net

~Steve
jake-owa
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: PDX Sonofabitch Recording Nerd Seeks Friend Reply with quote

Well, for what it's worth I am in North Plains outside of Portland and very into jamming/ recording anytime. I have a basement studio and am in the middle of sevral projects currently.

jake_owa@yahoo.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
filterfreak
audio school

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: PDX Sonofabitch Recording Nerd Seeks Friend Reply with quote

I dig the Nintendo idea and a beer sounds good about now.
slochldrnplayin
ass engineer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: PDX Sonofabitch Recording Nerd Seeks Friend Reply with quote

I am in Vancouver, just over the I-5 bridge. I am always looking to get together with others in the area... I have a medium sized project studio, and would enjoy to network with others in the area!

Feel free to drop a line and we can all get together.

Pete
slochldrnplayin@hotmail.com
kenl666
ass engineer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: PDX Sonofabitch Recording Nerd Seeks Friend Reply with quote

I'm near Mall 205, just starting but want to learn and get more experience.

My email is ken_luke@mentor.com
slochldrnplayin
ass engineer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: PDX Sonofabitch Recording Nerd Seeks Friend Reply with quote

Hey Portland Oregon Tapeop people. Anyone looking to get together to make new friends or see what/how others are "recording"???

Project Studio / recording get together at my place THIS WEEKEND - Feb 11th and 12th (Friday afternoon, and all day saturday)

I will be dinking around in my project studio and will welcome anyone who would like to come up and check things out. A friend of mine will be stopping by to lay down some basic tracks (guitar and vocals).

Figured it might be a chance to come and compare notes on Project Studios and recording in general... Or to make a few new friends over some beers or what not.

If you would like to swing by, or talk shop about recording give an email.

Look forward to seeing some new people. Don't worry if you know shit about recording... I am just starting to play with different pre's and mics. I have been doing this for about a year. So I am looking to gain as much as I can as well. This will be a laid back event just to see who is interested. This will be a BYOB event.

Rock On!

Pete
slochldrnplayin@hotmail.com
sthslvrcnfsn
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: PDX Sonofabitch Recording Nerd Seeks Friend Reply with quote

I went to audio-engineering school with a kid who lives just a bit east of portland in a suburb. His name is Alex, he plays bass, and he's kind of young - 18 I think. Last he told me, he was playing in a metal band. If anybody knows him, let me know. I haven't been able to get in touch with him.

jim!
workshed
suffering 'studio suck'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: PDX Sonofabitch Recording Nerd Seeks Friend Reply with quote

I'm near Portland, out here in Camas. I'd be down for getting in on a Portland TapeOp get-together. I don't have the most flexible schedule, but with enough notice, I can probably have the wife watch the kids for a few hours.

-Bret
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Producer/Engineer and Studio Job Listings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: