Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

No fucking shit

Post by Mr. Dipity » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:22 pm

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Re: No fucking shit

Post by TrumpsHair » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:16 pm

Why is Bush and his handlers trying to kill us and make everything worse? Why? What's the point of destroying so much? I just don't understand their logic. It's so depressing.
Last edited by TrumpsHair on Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ctmsound
george martin

Post by ctmsound » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 pm

.......... :cry:

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:34 pm

TrumpsHair wrote:Why is Bush and his handlers trying to kill us and make everything worse? Why? What's the point of destroying so much?

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:04 pm

Mr. Dipity wrote:
TrumpsHair wrote:Why is Bush and his handlers trying to kill us and make everything worse? Why? What's the point of destroying so much?
<snip...>$<...snip>
I think its a little less tangible than that. I think its power. The money's cool and everything, but to their mindset, the really important bit is securing one's self a regal position in the fuck-all tomorrow.

sthslvrcnfsn
steve albini likes it

Post by sthslvrcnfsn » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:19 pm

"The survey of the agency's scientific staff of 1,400 had a 30% response rate..."

"More than half of the biologists and other researchers who responded to the survey..."

That equates to 15% at the least ... and by "more than half" I would guess no more than 2/3 of the responding biologists. I'll give a nice robust guess of 20% of all of the polled bioligists responded that they had altered their findings.

Despite the devil's-advocate mathematics I came up with, 20% of government-employed bioligists (and fish and wildlife "gov't employees", etc) saying they altered their findings still scares me.

Add to that people that didn't respond for whatever reason - at very least a few of them altered their findings i would bet. Even 15% scares me. Though, in my dealings with government on the city level (from security guards at public buildings up to city attornies), I have found that they are generally an unhappy, incompetant bunch. Not all of them, obviously, don't misunderstand me!

jim!

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:56 pm

apropos of nothing wrote:
Mr. Dipity wrote:
<snip...>$<...snip>
I think its a little less tangible than that. I think its power. The money's cool and everything, but to their mindset, the really important bit is securing one's self a regal position in the fuck-all tomorrow.
On further reflection, I think it's even less tangible than even that. It's the same disease that aflicts the likes of Fiery Jack and Mr. PC: they have so much emotional investment in their idealogy, that they aren't ready to consider any evidence that would in any way contrain it. Businesses are good, the conclusions of scientistific research are just opinions - as valid as the conclusions of a un-disinterested journalist, politician, businessman or preacher.

They have been spin their idealogy for so long that they consider anything anyone else says as a talking point for their particular philosophy. After all,it's all that they themselves are bringing to the table.

My new mantra - what we need is better government, not bigger, or smaller government. However, I think what we will soon get will be the Taliban.

Piotr
tinnitus

Post by Piotr » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:25 pm

Yours,

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas

djdrake13
suffering 'studio suck'