RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Please critique this mix. . .

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Music & MP3s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T-rex
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Please critique this mix. . . Reply with quote

There is a pan that happens too early which I noticed as I posted this last week. But other than that, any advice would be greatly appreciated. . .

http://www.velvetaudio.com/music.html
LEE TYLER
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Please critique this mix. . . Reply with quote

Great voice there!! Now......

1) The vocal track needs to be pushed out in front a bit in spots and needs some EQ meat and body. The bass REALLY needs a push to anchor this work. A marked push. Tis' lacking noticebly.
2) Kick drum MIGHT need adjustment (amplitude/skin) in the mix when the bass line is in proper balance/amplitude. Only ears will tell when you get to this bridge.
3) Overall brittle sound here. Needs warmth and presence, notably in the gee-tar department. Waiting for any subsequent follow-ups! Great effort! ---LT
bluespkr75
pluggin' in mics

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Please critique this mix. . . Reply with quote

I agree with Lee. The bass guitar is lacking the bottom end to anchor the mix. I think if you get the bass guitar in there the right way it will also balance the brittleness that Lee speaks of. Remember, this is just an opinion. I think your definately on the right track. Smile
T-rex
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Please critique this mix. . . Reply with quote

Seriously guys, thanks for the input! I was having a problem with my mixes being too muddy and I think I went a little crazy with cutting the low end on this one to get things more clear.

I appreciate the advice.
Groovespace
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Please critique this mix. . . Reply with quote

Bass. Kick. More please. It's a loverly bass line and everbodoy is right. It would balance out that forehead tappin midrange. Laughing 3K down a little perhaps. More warmth.
Nice work. Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Music & MP3s All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: