RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
New here......and with a suggestion.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Off-Topic / Off-Color / Off-the-Cuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrenhunter
pushin' record

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New here......and with a suggestion. Reply with quote

Rigsby wrote:
Well other shots show this....

Is that horse wearing a dress? Am I?

Rick hoosit wrote:
I have a suggestion too. SUCK IT.
Jeez, he said please. The least you could do is say PLEASE SUCK IT. I mean the guy's a newbie, not a Russian whore, and yes, I realize it's hard to tell the difference.
Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New here......and with a suggestion. Reply with quote

wrenhunter wrote:
the guy's a newbie, not a Russian whore, and yes, I realize it's hard to tell the difference.

I miss the russian whores.... They were hot!

http://www.myspace.com/lanceromance
sonusman
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New here......and with a suggestion. Reply with quote

What a friendly place!

Fuck ya'll too!
maz
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: New here......and with a suggestion. Reply with quote

what was that last post about ? the color made my eyes hurt.
penelec
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: New here......and with a suggestion. Reply with quote

Sonusman--

Now now. These guys are just playing. See, the forum is "off-topic, off-color, indicating that no discussion regarding color or alluding to anything remotely-color related will be tolerated. Such posts must be posted in on-color.

It's just that there are strict rules about this kind of thing here. Don't take it personally. When TOMBers get really pissy they make fun of your mom.

Stick around. You'll have fun.
sonusman
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New here......and with a suggestion. Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhhhh...see, now I didn't know the forum rules!

I can see though why any discussion about color around here would be taboo! Of course, that is the gist of my thread in the first place.

What a catch 22!

But really, the colors truely hurt! This is as bad of a color scheme for a BBS as I have ever seen actually USED! That sort of dark tan color above this box that has the "Post a reply" test in it just doesnt contrast with the text very well at all! Then this yellow against the yellow smileys?!?!?!?!?

Who thought this one up man? I mean, I am sure whoever picked this color scheme is a nice person and all, but they certainly didn't waste a lot of time considering a color scheme that makes reading here enjoyable!

Again sorry for the topic of the off-color in a forum where everything should be off-color!
sonusman
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New here......and with a suggestion. Reply with quote

This "audio school" crap bugs me too! I have been recording in this city MUCH LONGER than Larry Crane has!
maz
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: New here......and with a suggestion. Reply with quote

I think, as was alluded to, that MarinaV picked the colors.
sonusman
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: New here......and with a suggestion. Reply with quote

Well, a little improvement is readability changing "board style" in my profile.

Now, if there was just some option to use the "sub silver" color scheme with the "large font", thing would be peachy!

I am surprised there is no feedback forum here. Almost EVERY site has some type of forum for user feedback doesn't it?

Maybe TapeOp.com doesn't care.........Sad
i am monster face
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New here......and with a suggestion. Reply with quote

I think the color is as such to keep those who truely don't belong away from us.
For instance, if the material you are reading is worth it and can help you, you'll stick around, despite the color scheme.
If you're looking for a cheap compressor for your US-122, you won't have a clue what is going on, and your eyes will rot from the backside of your skull.

Occasionally there will be people who stradle both lines, for you people, I am sorry.

Ian
Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: New here......and with a suggestion. Reply with quote

It looks fine to me. Maybe its your glasses.

maz
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: New here......and with a suggestion. Reply with quote

I dunno, glasses hurt.
AstroDan
george martin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New here......and with a suggestion. Reply with quote

I think the color is fine.

Now the Lizzie McGuire forum, that color scheme is pure bugaboo for the ol' eyesight. I know, I'm there all day, luring the "'tweens" I befriend to come live with me in my highly secluded Montana shanty.
Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New here......and with a suggestion. Reply with quote

AstroDan wrote:
I think the color is fine.

Now the Lizzie McGuire forum, that color scheme is pure bugaboo for the ol' eyesight. I know, I'm there all day, luring the "'tweens" I befriend to come live with me in my highly secluded Montana shanty.

Link please?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Off-Topic / Off-Color / Off-the-Cuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: